Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Argonauts still Rising, now with more gameplay footage

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Tags: Rise of the Argonauts

If you're curious about that "Rise of the Argonauts" thing, you can <a href="http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2008/07/02/all-greek-rise-of-the-argonauts-footage/#more-2030">watch some videos with the developers talking about stuff over on ROckPaperShotgun</a>. Here's some text about the stuff they talk about:
<br>
<blockquote>Below the cut we have two brief videos from Liquid Entertainment in which they talk about the “Gods” system they’ve implemented in their new action RPG, Rise Of The Argonauts. The way in which you deal with the Greek gods effects how your character develops throughout the game, both in the combat moves he’s able to implement, and in how his experience allows development throughout the game. The trailers contain a mixture of CGI, in-game footage and man-in-T-shirt, so it’s not an entirely misleading glimpse of the game. (Sorry, feeling bitter from so many game-free videos recently.)</blockquote>
<br>
Going by the comments, lameness can be anticipated. There's <a href="http://www.eurogamer.net/tv_video.php?playlist_id=11759">also some other stuff over here</a>. I think it's a trailer or something. I'll let you find out.
<br>
<br>
Spotted @ <a href="http://www.rpgwatch.com">The same place I stole all my news today, Pinky</a>

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Kinda reminds me of Sacrifice where choosing to do missions for the gods gave you different spells and units along the campaign.

Badgermaster

Educated
Watched the two "Gods" videos. Seem like some interesting concepts. Guess we'll see how they end up being implemented.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Yeah, if anything the game sounds promising but of course many games were also promising and ended up being disapointing.

Well for the punching in dialogue, it at least has better animation than Mass Effect did. And it makes more sense for Greeks to be extreme/insane.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom