Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Awesomely awsome Fable 2 presentation

I didn't know this existed. I'm probably the only one here who actually look forwards to Fable 2, since the morphing character business it has much like the first.

Texas Red

Whiner
Sounds as lame as Fable 1 was. I can play my own character through emoticons and clothing style. Sims in fantasy.

Durwyn

Prophet
It looks meh to me. They haven't shown anything awesum or epic, looks like a bit polished first Fable.

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
I don't quite care about Fable 2, the prequel was fun at first but got boring eventually. The trailer doesn't look bad, looks pretty much just like the original, even though the beginning has "Welcome to Hogwarth" smeared all over it. It's also fun how he says "innovation" two times in 10 seconds, and each time he says it in a silly way. What I liked was the moment when the characters jumped over the small wall, it's a nice touch that doesn't happen frequently in games with actions only such as "walk".

Dammit, freshly after watching the FO3 trailer everything suddenly starts looking good.

Durwyn

Prophet
That's not the highest recommendation Volly. Almost everything is better than FO3...

Deleted member 7219

I succumbed and hit the pre-order button.

Shame on me, but I couldn't stop myself.

Molyneux, you bastard. He KNOWS. He knows. :(

Deleted member 7219

He's got some kind of control over me. Maybe it's because he's a fellow Brit who's actually made a success of his life in the gaming business. There aren't many others like him. But that doesn't change the fact I still dislike him for lying about Fable 1... but every time I hear him speak, whether in a speech or in one of those video diaries, I just have to listen.

Drugar

Novice
I still haven't heard the most important question answered: Is the pimp hat back in Fable 2?
I thought Fable was mediocre at best, mostly relying on a gimmick, but every time I saw my huge hulking armoured warrior with his flopping purple pimp hat move around, I forgave the game all its faults.

Murk

Arcane
that man has a pretty good way of getting people into shit that they shouldn't be into - this presentation was one of his lamer ones

regardless, i think it will be a very fun game though nothing worth hailing as a grand achievement - though i am interested in the dog mechanics, it looks to have gone past "novelty" to "innovation" - though the way he throws that word around I'm thinking the stupid hat collection will be as equally innovative as the dog

gah

i'll probably buy it and like it :(

Nedrah

Erudite
Looks like it might be fun for a few hours. Nothing to spend any money on, though.

Despite Fable being about 8 hours long, I played it over and over about 15 times. I just enjoyed it, it was mostly due to the different looks of characters possible. Of course there weren't that many, but preferably this one will fix that.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
People saying Fable 2 will be fun?
Decline of the Codex.

Gold

Augur
Patron
Dead State Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
When I was much younger, I was led to believe that Fable would be good. After buying it and beating it the next day, I will never again purchase that guy's crap. And I learned a valuable lesson, don't ever believe the hype.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I remember Fable well. One of my friends was so excited about it. He showed me an article from a magazine. It wrote about how you could, for example, buy a fruit stand, manage it, and have your own little merchant empire. And how everything you do affects the world and everything around you.

It wrote that if you dropped and apple somewhere, a tree would grow from it after a few in-game years.

co=op playing and 1 button controls for a battle =fail

the wife and son didnt react when the husband came home and then they did RIPOFF emoticon movements like the sims

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
So that's the opening cinematic? You're just starting out and already Molyneux is shitting on you.

I can't believe that video got you to pre-order. What was it about it? The prospect of inviting friends into your game so you can watch them score with your wife? The lobbyless connectivity does sound cool, but then what do you do with it? Play Fable 2? Fail.

He kept stressing 'unique' which I don't think he knows what it means. There may be enough frizzies to deck your character out in a unique way, but I don't buy that the gameworld will vary all that much from player to player.

Athiska

Novice
That may be, but Molyneux is charismatic, if you listen long enough. After all, he describes Fable 2 as the game Oblivion's role model. Hell, I just watched a clip of the PC causing some fellow to fall down an open well.
Hear the hype? It's sweet little piping...

NOVD

Scholar
I still think that Fable had a really good concept that just failed to deliver. Still, I'm imagining Fable 2 is going to fail pretty hard in actuality nonetheless.

HanoverF said:
He kept stressing 'unique' which I don't think he knows what it means. There may be enough frizzies to deck your character out in a unique way, but I don't buy that the gameworld will vary all that much from player to player.
Well if you trust press releases, your actions through quests and such are supposed to effect the environment years down the line. Such as killing a certain person may end up having this little city in the woods collapse into nothing but ruin in 10 years. It probably won't end up that way, but hey, choices and consequences.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
sportforredneck said:
HanoverF said:
Well if you trust press releases, your actions through quests and such are supposed to effect the environment years down the line. Such as killing a certain person may end up having this little city in the woods collapse into nothing but ruin in 10 years. It probably won't end up that way, but hey, choices and consequences.

I know, but like someone said in the first one you were supposed to be able to plant acorns and watch em grow into mighty oaks, and have unique characters who reflect your actions in the game, but you either looked good or evil or neither, and were decked out in whatever armor you were masochistic enough to acquire. There was no choice/consequence stuff in the first game, although there was supposed to be, and now it's the same old hype, but this time it's really gonna happen? Even with seriously dumbing down shit like one button combat? I bet it's probably gonna have a lot of either or type quest situations and instead of your character looking more angelic or devilish the world will look like a better/scarier place and no real consequences other than that. Remember, Fable players don't want to hit more than one combat button, do you think they'll want to have to play multiple times to see various effects on the world?

HanoverF said:
Remember, Fable players don't want to hit more than one combat button, do you think they'll want to have to play multiple times to see various effects on the world?
Most games have one button combat. Or one click of the mouse. Fable 1 had this, so does Fable 2, and many other games. Also, I'd be one of the few that does do that. I can enjoy the games for what they are, rather than what was promised. Hell by the time Fable came out I forgot all the initial promises except for being able to age and change and I dug it.

Murk

Arcane
I had avoided the hype and promotions for fable 1 and i played it when it came out for the PC - i didn't bother with the extra pc expansion area but the initial game was very fun, it was mindless and shallow, but FUN.

I also liked its cartoony art and graphics. Kind of wished it had more areas to explore though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom