Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

B.Net StarCraft Community

Comrade Hamster

Liturgist
Is it just me, or has the StarCraft community on B.Net gone completely and utterly fucking retarded? I know it's been deteriorating for about five or six years, but now I can barely find LT! FME and BGH need to be banned.

Atrokkus

Erudite
Oh, so it seems the noobs have finally returned to commemorate the original Starcraft in on the occasion of the impending sequel. Too bad.

but then again, depends on the server. I mainly played on some russian ones and they were swarming with good players, because apparently all the noobs either forgotten about starcraft completely (old eh) or became better.

Anyways, play with us codexers on hamachi, if you want some fun games. Mostly ours is a noob community, but I and several other people (Kraszu) have a lot of SC experience and somewhat good skills for those who dont play the game seriously (i used to play it seriously oh so many years ago, and warcraft3 too).

SlavemasterT

Arcane
Yeah, by all means, join up. Codex SC has been pretty much dead for a while, and it sucks since we had gotten to the point where there had been a decent homogenization of skill levels and the games weren't always one-sided blowouts. Even shitty players like Chinese Jet Pilot and I had managed to improve enough to make things interesting on occasion for our local assrapers (Metallix and KC).

Atrokkus

Erudite
Go here and download hamachi client, install, then join our networks

The current network im running is "scleagcy" with the password "123". (case-sensitive). Oh and be sure to make an exception for hamachi in your firewall.

Einherjar

Novice
I'm up for some Starcraft. I'll lose horrendously, though, since I haven't played in ages.

SlavemasterT

Arcane
Do we actually have few pieces of fresh meat here? Pity kc is away; we'll have to try to round up some of the old players for a game or two.

Alexander_

Novice
Playing through Hamachi has been a good warm-up before advancing to Bnet for me, especially with players like Meta.

However, I feel that sometimes it is a bit hard to get a game started with the people that are online in IRC and the fickle nature of Hamachi does not make it easier when we finally do have some people willing to play.

Anyway, I agree with Hamster. Lately, when playing on Bnet I have seen a lot of custom games (defense variations, bunker wars) and people playing BGH and Fastest... but I am still able to find a game of LT or vanilla hunters or make one and people join.
Admittedly, I played a game of "Protect the Prezident" the other day and enjoyed it, though mainly because of the lulz generated not the actual gameplay...

What I wanted to know is how many of you have legit SC and are able to play on BNet?
It would be fun to pit some of the renown DAC/Codex brawn against the e-diots on BNet and show them what we are good for. What say you, comrades?

Atrokkus

Erudite
I have a legit cd-key that my brother lent me, but for some reason it doesn't just work with my ISOs. Prolly need a refiller but I'm too lazy now to bother (and that's coming from a person who transformed his crappy old pirate diablo2 into a legit one).

Besides, there's really little reason to play on official bnet servers. Sure, pros do play there, but since Starcraft's battle.net system is so fucking retardedly dated and doesnt even have an anonymous matchmaking subsystem, you can't really carve your way through the thick mass of uber players striving to reach the top spots of the ladder. Pros and good players just play with themselves, using password-protected games. Sure, some okay players do use public games but they are still hard to spot with all those BGH and Fastest idiots swarming the shit out of the servers all the time.

Besides, I'm just not really taking Starcraft seriously any longer, although I sure used to. And if I were to pump up my skill a little bit, I would probably choose Podolsk pirate-bnet server, it has a lot of good players -- mostly because it has few players overall, and since Starcraft is no longer that popular as it used to be 10 years ago, many noobs just left. On Podolsk I always spotted new LT / Korean map public duel games, with only slight Fastest interludes. I swear, i havent seen a single BGH game in my life on that server.

Sovard

Sovereign of CDS
Atrokkus said:
password "123". (case-sensitive)

Phew, I almost put !@#

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom