Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Badlands: Zonetripper

Ausir

Arcane
Tags: Badlands: Zonetripper

<b>Gobias</b> has let us know that he's working on a Flash-based cRPG/Trade simulator called <a target=_blank href=http://www.gobias.com/zonetripper/>Badlands: Zonetripper</a>, set in post-nuclear Germany and Poland.
<br>
<br>
You can play a beta version of the game, where for now you can only do some trading and fighting, <a target=_blank href=http://www.gobias.com/zonetripper/>here</a>.

Realbumpbert

Liturgist
The 'engine' was actually pretty attractive, although the font is hard to read.

Jed

Cipher
I agree. Real pretty to look at, but tiny tiny font.

Too bad I can't roll up a char, though.

I'd like to see this game crossed with one like ADOM. Now that would be SAH-WEET!

Realbumpbert

Liturgist
That is a wonderful idea. The free-form experience of a trade sim, fused with a Fallout-y setting and some aweseom ADOM-style gameplay added in... :D

EEVIAC

Erudite
I was thinking more along the lines of Pirates! in a post-apoc world. Then you don't need a story so much. Most of the content in Pirates! could be interchangable as well.

Realbumpbert

Liturgist
I adore the endgame in Pirates!. Any game with a similar system will rock.

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
Add the ability to make your own character and make it downloadable and you'd have a pretty decent game there. And, while on the topic of ADOM, I wish to thank you guys for turning me onto the game. I never knew about it until I came here to this forum. I have had quite a many hours enjoyment from that game. Excellent stuff. :)

Gobias

Novice
Hi There folks.
Well, very nice to hear that you like the idea of the game. The focus is on the Free-play, and not soo much on the quest part. But there will be random and pre-made quests. The code for the character save/load-online is finished, but not yet implanted into the game. As for the character roll, well its gonna be custom made characters, not pre-made. And leveling of course. And my english is bad. :)

Have a nice day!
Gobias

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
The bad english I can live with, so no problems there. Custom characters would definitely be a nice touch, as well as the save feature. Looking forward to seeing how the game develops. :) Any plans for a downloadable version?

Gobias

Novice
Hi again!
(Fast shooting here :) )
A dl version? Jepp, an easy peach. Will be.
The beta will be taken of the server really soon, due to the preassure on my bandwidth, It will be replaced with an info sajt for a while, until i solve the problem.

/Gobias

Ausir

Arcane
Can't you just zip the .swf and html files and make a downloadable version?

Gobias

Novice
Hi again,
now there is a downloadable version on the webpage.
It Windows-based, but there will be an Mac-version soon.
There is some small updates since the last beta, such as the options to buy guns and some fixed stuff in the combat system.

Have a nice one!
Gobias

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom