Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Battle World: Kronos released

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Tags: Battle Worlds: Kronos

header_292x136.jpg

Battle World: Kronos has been released today. There's 20% discount if you buy it before November 11th.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I only got time to play tutorial yesterday night because AI butchered me 2 times O_O
If you like Battle Isle games you'll this for sure. (review at its finest :P)

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
i really dig the way they did actions and upgrades.

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
So it's cheaper to buy it on GOG for us Euros.
Have anyone played it yet? Eagerly awaiting a verdict.

Yes, raw has. I think he likes it.

Go on, tell us more, raw.

I have not seen much yet, only got time to go through the tutorial.
From what I saw:
- This is pretty faithful to ye olde Battle Isles.
- The AI understand the game mechanics very well.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Holy cow is it out already? Have to make some time for it. I didn't have money back than during the KS, but now I think I play it.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I'm playing this and... IT'S FUN. I have some complaints over interface, but nothing you can't handle. It is faithful to the style of play they promised and it has enough depth so far that I think this will entertain me for quite a while.

Also: I almost lost a big battle in the tutorial :<

Thinking the AI was outmatched I just jammed all my crap into it without thinking that much, and by maneouvering it almost smashed my clearly superior force. Had to rally and come back in.

But most importantly: I see no compromises here. No "yeah, but we had to do this" or whatever. Maybe this is part of the reason the interface is a bit clunky (for example, if I want to "double move" with my unit, I have to click to move and then click to move again, zzzzzzzzz), but the gameplay's good so far.

Not that far in yet, we'll see. But this ain't no Shadowrun: Returns disappointment, that's for sure.

Overboard

Arcane
I finally received my GoG key from the KS campaign, time for some incline!

Any Multiplayer feedback? Also, do you think there's a chance this will be cheaper in the Steam Christmas Sale? It's a bit pricey as it is imo.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Also: I almost lost a big battle in the tutorial :<

Thinking the AI was outmatched I just jammed all my crap into it without thinking that much, and by maneouvering it almost smashed my clearly superior force. Had to rally and come back in.
Same here. Also in the second misison, where I only had one tank left. Thankfully the enemy's last 2 unit were rocket launcher tanks, and they ran out of ammo. I ran to the ammo drops with my tank, so I arrive there first, because if the those units rearm, I would have certainly lost.
So yeah, FUN game.

My mouse pointer was hovering over the purchase button until someone asked how it compared to M.A.X. and the answer was "poorly" so my pointer slid away in disappointment.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
My mouse pointer was hovering over the purchase button until someone asked how it compared to M.A.X. and the answer was "poorly" so my pointer slid away in disappointment.
What?? :lol: MAX is not the pinnacle of Turn based gaming, not being similar to it is not a tragedy.

It's the fact that it wasn't compared favorably to M.A.X. that worried me rather than similarities or lack of. I'll really have to check out some let's plays on this one.

ColCol

Arcane
So, what is going on with this game? I'm barely hearing anything about it.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom