Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

sigard

Not Excidium

Last edited:

v1rus

Arcane
Its been a while, but afair, you dont transfer the PC from OC into SoU. They are different PCs, with different backgrounds. So, one PC for OC and a second one for SoU and HotU

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
I'd recommend a bigger fonts mod, but there's nothing to read in this game, the campaign is dead on arrival, so it doesn't matter.

Poseidon00

Arcane
Nwn1 has the best camera of any video game and it basically should be mandatory across all RPGs.

Also imagine not using advanced animations like some cave dwelling barbarian. Might as well be a beast rutting in the field

The Jester

Cipher
PS. WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK CAMERA IS THIS???
My god, this is worst camera ever in history of crpg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THE FUCK IS THAT SHIT...
ALL 3 Cameras to choose from are abominations!!!!!!!!!!

I played 1 minute and i already detest camera in this game. My god...
Use the driving camera and your keyboard to move, play it like a third person game, you can't control your henchmen anyway.

Jigby

Augur
I'd recommend a bigger fonts mod, but there's nothing to read in this game, the campaign is dead on arrival, so it doesn't matter.
If you're playing the EE, the last patch added support for TTFs. Nicely scalable.

Harthwain

Magister
It will still be useful for clicking through the dialogue options.

PS. WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK CAMERA IS THIS???
My god, this is worst camera ever in history of crpg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THE FUCK IS THAT SHIT...
ALL 3 Cameras to choose from are abominations!!!!!!!!!!

I played 1 minute and i already detest camera in this game. My god...
The standard MMO camera? Keep in mind that Neverwinter Nights was made around the idea of playing with multiple people (including Dungeon Master). Besides that, it is not that much different from how roguelikes operate, so I don't get the uproar. If you want to see the worst camera ever look up Resident Evil 1.

deama

Prophet
How's the playthrough coming along?
I have rage-quit halfway through tutorial due to camera but i want to resume my mission of making city of neverwinter safe again.
The way I play it is use arrow keys or keypad keys (forgot which one) to rotate the camera and use the mouse to click stuff. Using keyboard to move character is clunky, especially later on when you start getting perma haste and start zipping around everywhere, even more clunky if you speed hack on top of that.

Bad Sector

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I have rage-quit halfway through tutorial due to camera but i want to resume my mission of making city of neverwinter safe again.
The way I play it is use arrow keys or keypad keys (forgot which one) to rotate the camera and use the mouse to click stuff. Using keyboard to move character is clunky, especially later on when you start getting perma haste and start zipping around everywhere, even more clunky if you speed hack on top of that.

Why not just hit the screen edges with the mouse? It is the main feature i wished DA:O (which scrolls instead of rotating the camera) provided an option for.

deama

Prophet

Why not just hit the screen edges with the mouse? It is the main feature i wished DA:O (which scrolls instead of rotating the camera) provided an option for.
Because at 1440p+ (tbh I had problems even at 1080p) you need to move the mouse a lot, or increase the sensitivity, but then clicking on small objects becomes hard. Kinda hard to explain without showing it or experiencing it for a while.

I used to use the edge move as well in all games, even RTSs, but I found out that using the arrow keys to move the camera was just much better, the only exceptions I can think of are dota and league, but that's due to it being hard to move the camera at the same time as having your fingers ready on spells/abilities on a moment's notice.

deama

Prophet
If you want a really long adventure, you can try swordflight module, that gives you 4 chapters (100+ hours) of content, all in one character arc, and the adventure is I would say, better than any of the original modules.

Bad Sector

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Because at 1440p+ (tbh I had problems even at 1080p) you need to move the mouse a lot, or increase the sensitivity, but then clicking on small objects becomes hard. Kinda hard to explain without showing it or experiencing it for a while.

Yeah, the thing is 1440p (and even 1080p) is already too big of a resolution for pretty much all Aurora-based engines (with the exception of Jade Empire which uses a scalable UI). Personally on my 1440p monitor i use a custom resolution, 960x720, which provides a 4:3 aspect ratio (mainly because i find the the top left alignment of the dialog box too annoying on a 27" monitor) that with integer scaling fits perfectly (at 200% scaling) on the 1440p panel without being blurry and with the text being perfectly readable. This makes the edge hitting faster too, though even at 1280x720 (which i use for Dragon Age: Origins) is fine IMO.

cowking

Scholar

On my comp (diamond) I have to play with vsync and re-check the vsync after alt-tabbing or the MMB-camera sens goes down by like 300%.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom