Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bioshock podcast with Ken Levine

dagorkan

Arbiter
Funny he talks about an "X-Com clone from Eastern Europe" which he pre-ordered and will recieve 'tonight'. UFO-Extraterrestrials? I didn't hear about a release.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Maybe he meant Afterlight or Aftershock or whatever....

Interesting how he talks about the motivations of the Rapture dweller.... Sex, vanity, money. Man, about time for real characters, not that stupid teddy bear stuff Bioware always throws at us.

dagorkan

Arbiter
I'm not paying a lot of attention, but man Levine's voice is annoying.

Castanova

Prophet
They had an hour to talk to the guy and all they could come up with was "Which games are you looking forward to?" and "Are there surprises in store for us in BioShock or have you spoiled the game already in the previews?" I was just waiting for them to ask something like "On a scale of awesome to super awesome, where does BioShock sit?"

vazquez595654

Arbiter
Yeah Levine is interesting to listen/read, but so is/was Warren Spector and that didn't stop him from creating trash ( Due EX 2).

dagorkan

Arbiter
His company hasn't made such bad games if you look at the average: System Shock 2, Tribes. The concept behind Bioshock doesn't do much to me but I think it could still be a good game. Anyway I listened to the second podcast and it was really boring. Bunch of nerds talking about their gaming experience...

Kotario

Liturgist
dagorkan said:
Funny he talks about an "X-Com clone from Eastern Europe" which he pre-ordered and will recieve 'tonight'. UFO-Extraterrestrials? I didn't hear about a release.
The only likely candidate I know of is UFO: Afterlight, which was released in Europe last week. If you imported the game from GoGamer, who took a few days to stock it, you would indeed be receiving it sometime about now.

Krafter

Scholar
dagorkan said:
His company hasn't made such bad games if you look at the average: System Shock 2, Tribes.
IMHO, everything Irrational has touched so far has turned into Gold. System Shock 2? Awesome. Both Freedom Force games? Awesome. Tribes 3?** Awesome. Bioshock will be the ultimate test, to see if even the mighty Irrational will fall victim to consolization or not.

( ** disclaimer : I'm talking single player, never play multi)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom