Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bloodlines Nominated for G4 contest

Greatatlantic

Erudite
Right now it has a 4/10, and 2 comments saying the game sucked. I think it deserves better than that. So go to the link below and help dying game, no pun intended.

http://www.g4tv.com/filter/photo_galler ... /3690.html

EDIT: Forget to mention the category, Games your PC can't handle. Obviously it deserves to be there, though it ran fairly well for me. Loads times were shorter than Half Life 2 even.

Atrokkus

Erudite
I'll gladly vote for it, because despite the nay-sayers and the performance glitches, it is a very solid RPG, with a lot of style, rich story and great atmosphere.

Atrokkus

Erudite
On second thought, I just grasped the complete and utter idiocy of that poll. What the fuck with it? Games that your PC can't handle? FFS, it depends on your fucking PC!
Of course, at home my PC can't handle Bloodlines,
but my friend's 1ghz, 512mb, GeForce3Ti (a pretty modest config these days) handles BLoodlines just fine (of course, with all the patches etc).

Sol Invictus

Erudite
The reason PCs cant handle bloodlines is because it's poorly optimized on certain computers, not because it has high requirements. Notice how it'll rune on your friend's crappy computer but probably not on yours. Depends on what OS, graphics card and peripherals you have onboard.

Atrokkus

Erudite
My rig is below BL's requirements, so the lags are absolutely understandable.
I have Duron800, 256dimm and Geforce2. That's just ancient by nowadays' standarts.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
There's a lot of stupid entries there. Painkiller? That game looks outdated and it can hardly be described as a game that 'Your PC can't handle'. Your PC can't handle Painkiller if it's a PII 500mhz.

TheGreatGodPan

Arbiter
Filter sucks. Did you see their "underrated games" list? That was the product of fucking morons. I haven't gotten that channel in a while, but it all went downhill when they got rid of tech tv anyway.

Greatatlantic

Erudite
Sol Invictus said:
There's a lot of stupid entries there. Painkiller? That game looks outdated and it can hardly be described as a game that 'Your PC can't handle'. Your PC can't handle Painkiller if it's a PII 500mhz.

I think they did just a lousy job with the screen shots. That game was pretty resource intensive at the higher graphical settings. The load times were several minutes on my 1 Gig Ram machine, for the demo anyways.

RuySan

Augur
Bloodlines runs just fine on my modest P4 3.2Ghz, 1Gb RAM and 9600XT.
And it's a great game

Jinxed

Liturgist
Vampire worked exactly the same on my Athlon 2500 xp rad 9600 512 as it does on a Pentium 3.0 64 Geforce 6800GT 1gb ram except the load times are cut by 3/4. ToEE is the same as well.

DarkSign

Erudite
TechTV was soooo much better than this LA-designed, slick but not slick enough drivel.

All the hosts except Adam Sessler and that Canadian guy from Judgement day need to be replaced.

Morgan Webb? Get over yourself.

Diane Mizota? Its great you were in Austin Powers but we know you're not a gamer girl.

The chick from Cheat? Good Southern girl...bad actress.

Tina Williams? Not as hot as the producers wish you were.

That blonde spikey-haired chick? Nice and funny, but not as cutting edge as the producers wish you were.

All other men on the show: Pathetique.
Except for the new black guy on AOTS.

Bring back Leo, Patrick, Megan Morone...and dare I say it..Kevin Rose.

Sigh...the good old days.

Drakron

Arcane
Because it was based on Source but not the Valve released Source but a early version.

They dont own the engine, Activision licensed the engine for VtM:B and so they could never release any kind of editor for the game.

Pr()ZaC

Scholar
Yeah I know why and the poor modding fellas are trying to port it to Source via HL2 SDK, but Vampire would have received so much more content AND bug fixing from the community it would have surprised God himself.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom