Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bootfighter -Mecha Action on PC- Under 100 MB

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
I'm always a big fan of Japanese mechas and whenever I go back and visit my parents, I always play mecha console games. Sadly, there's not much PC mecha games of late, and I'm not looking for something deep a quick laser exchange and mixture of anime close combat would suffice and somehow I found it. It's not even 500 mb and still in 3D. Impressive.

Link
http://mirrormoon.org/projects/windom

Bootfighter Windom XP SP-2 sounds like one of those microsoft fix packs but it isn't. The maker of this freeware drew inspirations from his favorite anime mecha designs and disguised their names under OS's like WindowsXP , Millenium, Linux (quite overpowered) and Longhorn just to name a few.
Shot000.jpg

Uh yeah this is...uh..Blackcomb, one of the heaviest laser toting mecha in game.

It is a 3rd person mecha fighting game with strafing, boost jets, close range combat with a mix of range assaults. Each mecha has different statistics. I can't give specifics, but each has differing armaments and agility. Some specializes in close combat and others prefer to keep their distance to rain death from afar.
Shot002.jpg

Mecha Ass Kicking Goodness!
My multiplayer has been limited to 1 v 1s due to some heavy laser rain leading to lag, but overall the game is a pretty great distraction offering a nice variety of tactics in a city environment. Take cover behind buildings that crumble after repeated assault, emerge from the smokes to ambush the enemy with a well placed grenade and follow up with a flurry of wild slashes with the beam saber. You can even set up your own pilot photo and deliver custom voice taunts to spice it up.
Just read the manual if you get frustrated with losses. It's not that complicated. Gamepad is not a must, the default controls is keyboard.

Shot004.jpg

"GIVE IT UP ANAKIN I HAVE THE HIGHER GROUND"

I highly recommend it. Its just 100 mb.

Korgan

Arbiter
Played it a few months ago. Fun, but I couldn't be arsed to figure out what the fuck was going on there exactly, same as in Guilty Gear.

Gerrard

Arcane
It's awesome as long as you're playing with people in the same country, otherwise it becomes turn based.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom