Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Call of Duty: World at War

entertainer

Arbiter
that multiplayer is the same as singleplayer spray and pray with prepubescent teenagers being cool over their mouse skills. they added perks or some shit to make it even more terrible.

Number 1 Concern: I CANT SEE SHIT. There's so many dust effects, smoke effects, etc going on it's confusing, but in a war game you could probably forgive that. However, when you get shot your screen jerks 45 degrees and thick red haze covers everything and the screen blurs. As I will mention later, you play no role in how often you get hit so most of the time I'm just trying to sit there waiting for all the shit to clear up so I can actually see anything and play the game.

This isn't any better in 4 (Modern Warfare). If it's day, everything's brown. If it's night, everything's blue. Yes, camo suits and all, but shit.

they added perks or some shit to make it even more terrible.

No, the perks are good. Unlike the single player campaign (where you are forced to always play aggressively, because of respawning enemies), the perks allow you to choose how you want to play (it's still grenadeville, though). It's the only thing that makes the singing kids tolerable.

DemonKing

Arcane
One thing I actually like about WoW is the gore looks about right (bodies get blown apart by explosions, big gouts of blood spurt out when you get chopped in half by a HMG etc).

Its not quite as nice as Red Orchestra (I still fondly remember charging across no man's land in one game and seeing the comrade running in front of me reduced to red mist by an artillery impacct) but for COD it's a big step up and compared to the bizarre "puff of dust" bullet impacts in Medal of Honour it's miles ahead.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
This isn't any better in 4 (Modern Warfare). If it's day, everything's brown. If it's night, everything's blue. Yes, camo suits and all, but shit.
I didn't have this problem in CoD4. If you don't like CoD4 that's cool, but don't just ascribe every negative trait to it. I can't remember any levels where everything was brown. I remember two major colors: green and that adobe reddish color.

I'm playing it through again and should probably say that my negative reaction to the game was almost entirely based around two levels, the tank vehicle level and the one where you have to get into the doors of the reichstag. The rest of the game is fun enough.

I tried Nazi Zombies online. Wow. Talk about crazy and intense. I was playing with ammo cheats on and we still only got to level 15. I have no fucking clue how people do this seriously. I read somewhere that people got to level 2k+. Must involve grenade spamming or something.

Multi-headed Cow

Picked this up on Steam. Only dicked with Nazi Zombies a bit and it seems fun, but I'm also a dirty dirty zombie whore. Already own L4D and Killing Floor and I still bought this at least partially because of the zombie mode.

Also running Windows 7 and didn't have to set compatibility mode, so either I'm running a newer version of W7 or CoDWAW was patched by now or something.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom