Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline "Capcom COO says the company wants to set PC as main outlet for its game software."

Deflowerer

Arcane
Cautious optimism given that the PC gaming market is western and not really existent in Japan. I don't mind Switch ports though.

What does that even matter? Majority of Capcom's sales comes outside of Japan.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite

A greater reliance on the western market could make greater westernization of their games and I don't want that (e.g. already tried, failed, and backpedaled on with DmC).

Deflowerer

Arcane

A greater reliance on the western market could make greater westernization of their games and I don't want that (e.g. already tried, failed, and backpedaled on with DmC).

You have to rely on a global market, Japanese market is dead. And Capcom has done so even in recent years, so I don't know why you think it will lead to greater westernization (given that they already changed that after PS3 gen while Japanese sales have become even more irrelevant).

Deflowerer

Arcane

Yes, because it's mainly Nintendo titles and the console itself is semi-mobile. Yes, I worded it poorly in that Japanese market isn't entirely dead, but it has gravitated massively towards mobile games ie casual shit you can tinker around while commuting. Capcom is mainly in the console/PC business and unless you think mobile gaming is incline, then that's why Capcom has to look to West, just like any other Japanese company sans Nintendo or those who are fine with making anime tiddy games for 100k sales. True, there are hits like Monster Hunter, but even there West has picked up massively as a market.

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
"Capcom wants to set PC as main outlet for its game software"

>didn't bother to bring DMC5 Special Edition to PC
>Monster Hunter Rise has a 6mo exclusivity period on Switch
>dubious DRM check in RE Village that caused performance issue, no FOV slider
>put in-game ad and rootkit into SF5

Yeah no I trust SEGA more. Capcom's PC ports are good but their treatment of DMC5 SE soured my opinion on them heavily. Speak less, act more.

^Their ports were good. Same day Capcom also announced the PC requirements for their port of a nintendo switch game...

Monster Hunter Rise PC System Requirements:
RECOMMENDED:
Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-4460 or AMD FX™-8300
Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1060 (VRAM 3GB) or AMD Radeon™ RX 570 (VRAM 4GB)

Additional Notes: 1080p/30fps when graphics settings are set to "Average".

Last edited:

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Take notice, Koei Tecmo :fabulouslyoptimstic:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom