Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Command and Conquer: The First Decade

Psilon

Erudite
Reworked in what way? Red Alert and C&C classic were "reworked" for Windows XP (they patched the networking code) and ran wayyy too fast on modern machines.

As much as I hate EA, I'll buy it if they redo the netcode to use UDP rather than IPX. Multiplayer games of RA2 are almost impossible to arrange because of all the IPX tweaking necessary.

xemous

Arcane
I've been waiting for ages for a CC box set. Will be buying this for sure.

"I am Seth. Just... Seth. From God, to Kane, to Seth. I am his right hand."

hehehehe awesome.

Does Kane eventually die? That guy was such a badass.

Spazmo

Erudite
Well, Joe Kucan, the actor who played Kane, left Westwood/EA/whatever it is now, so I imagine he'll have to be.

Gremmy

Novice
Taken from gamespot:

GS: The first obvious question with regard to Command & Conquer--what is the future of the franchise?

LC: We are calling it the first decade for a reason! We absolutely intend to continue making games in the C&C franchise, but nothing has been announced at this time. For all the fans reading out there, I assure you that you haven't seen the last C&C game.

*heres to hoping for a Red Alert version of C&C Renegade.

Section8

Cipher
Fuck it, why no Sole Survivor? I'd buy game design's biggest folly just to have it preserved for future generations.

Human Shield

Augur
I would like to see a proper end to the Tiberium series but EA will rape it to death after already murdering Westwood.

roguefrog

Liturgist
I never played Firestorm so I didn't see what happen post Tiberium Sun. I just considered the Nod ending to be the end of it.

Atrokkus

Erudite
Never liked Red Alert and C&C.. hated all those midgets running around, repetitive unit designs, clunky interface and pretty mediocre plot (never liked that alternative history bullshit with existing world-leaders and stuff).

And the red-alert generals was fun only because of the physics - the combat was pretty good, although totally unbalanced. Ya know, just for fun.

Jinxed

Liturgist
You're pretty weird for not liking the C&C series except Generals, which by far is the worst piece of shit RTS that ever came out.

Jinxed said:
You're pretty weird for not liking the C&C series except Generals, which by far is the worst piece of shit RTS that ever came out.
Well maybe he doesn't like most RTS. (ok, I know, lots of speculation)
For instance if little midgets running around really bothers you, most RTS aren't your thing.

Also he didn't say he liked Generals. It had a few interesting things that made the game fun.
He's far from being totally into it.

*note:
I haven't played generals. So it's really mostly just speculation on why he'd find it fun and more importantly why in comparison he didn't enjoy other C&C.

Anyhow, back to the topic.

I'd like it if they did this release. I might buy it for nostalgia reasons. And I might enjoy some of the titles I haven't tried out. And it's pretty cheap for all those games packed together, even though you might only like 2 or 3 out of them.

Though I hope the older versions won't have problems running on XP.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom