Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Covert Action: A Global Crisis

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Baghdad,
tac_080.png

With the last enemy operative downed, the threat to the regional threat is truly over. Yezid Nizal, the Mastermind behind the plot to rob the Baghdad Treasury has been taken care of. And the Chief sounds very pleased.

game_053.png

final_009.png

The amounts of enemy agents turned to our cause put the efficiency rating through the roof. Despite not capturing all the participants of the plot, the Agency saw it fit to award me 610 out of 600 points, a rating of 1016! My highest ever!

The chief cleared me for a long leave. It's time to head to Vegas.

final_010.png

It did not last long. The next morning a telegram was sent from the central office, the Chief wants me back ASAP. This must be big. I reported to Washington that night. I peeked at the envelope at his desk, it was labelled 'Global Crisis'

final_012.png

final_013.png

final_014.png

final_015.png

final_016.png

final_017.png

I tore open the envelope and went over the reports. It's very thin.

game_056.png

A Car? Owned by a thief?

game_057.png

Money. Finance for new operations in Amman? And that's it. I shook the envelope a bit hoping for more bits of clues, but nothing.

game_058.png

This isn't going to be easy.

RK47

Patron
Both clues came from CIA sources in Tehran. If it's a double agent, it means I'm given totally false clues.

I went over the report on $4500 money order.

game_057.png

Questions raised in my mind. This is how I conduct my investigation. I opened my excel spreadsheet and review available data before leaving the CIA office.

Money. Finance Operations. Amman.
By who?
Which organization?
Has the cash changed hand?
What did it purchase? Goods or Services?

A simple check on known offices in Amman reveals nothing out of ordinary.

game_000.png

The Mossad & MI6 are allied agencies. Rev. Guards and Mercenaries are not. If they're not responsible for the money purchase, it must be a hidden cell, but I have no clue on the organization's name.

game_001.png

All organizations have the same low level of activities, only the city Amman had anything noteworthy happening. It's time to leave for Amman.

game_002.png

RK47

Patron
Amman, Raid 01

game_003.png

I've no choice but to raid blindly till more clues present itself.

tac_003.png

Was very fortunate to take down the first guard without raising the alarm, now I can put on his uniform for disguise.

tac_004.png

The first room has a terminal that gives a digit of the password. If I could guess the whole password correctly, I can enter a search on their database. But that'll trigger the alarm. So I'll do it last, besides I have no idea what to search for. My enemies are still unidentified and the red safe at the corner of the room looks tempting.

tac_005.png

It contains a team action sheet. Empty. They're not involved. But there's an exception to this rule. Masterminds are not on this list. He could still be the Mastermind of the plot, but not any lower than that.

tac_006.png

The two terminals in this room gave me enough letters to give a good guess on the password. 'TARGET'

tac_007.png

I stood there blankly. I don't have anything specific to query.

tac_008.png

I typed a random terrorist cell whose hideout I do not know in Amman and I was returned with an address. Another blind search.

tac_009.png

tac_010.png

I make my way out as the alarm sounds over a hacked terminal.

RK47

Patron
Amman, Raid 02

game_004.png

Alright going in blind again. Let's just hope I find something of use in here.

tac_012.png

It started poorly, I failed to get a clear shot on the first guard I spotted. He raised the alarm. Things are about to get messy.

tac_013.png

That's a lot of cash in Rome.

tac_014.png

I'm not done investigating yet, but my motion detector is going crazy. Look at the amount of yellow dots on the bottom right corner.

tac_016.png

Red Battalion is behind the $4,500 payment in Amman. I need their office address.Time to do some terminal hacking, but first let's take care of the guards.

tac_019.png

I took two shots, and plenty of grenade exchanges before making it into a room with plenty of safes and terminals to hack into.

tac_020.png

OK, no low level agents, but still possible Mastermind involvement.

tac_021.png

Double agent in Khartoum! I have to silence this guy ASAP. If they know I'm coming, they'll beef up security and go into hiding twice as quickly.

tac_023.png

With all the guards taken care of and enough letters to piece together the password, I hacked into the terminal and searched 'Red Battalion'

tac_027.png

Bingo. A hideout in Amman.That's our next stop. AFTER the Hospital.

game_005.png

game_006.png

While I was recovering, the enemy agents are starting to get busy. They've stolen ID Cards to an Airbase. But I have no lead to pursue on this.

game_007.png

Tripoli is heating up. I've got to make a stop at Khartoum first to silence the CIA double agent.

game_008.png

game_009.png

game_010.png

His intel isn't worth much, but at least there's one less security leak.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom