Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Crystal Project - Turn Based RPG with Classes/builds

Arthandas

Prophet
Grampy_Bone
WTF are you rambling about dude. On the highest difficulty (hard chaos) with no custom settings (and you can bump the difficulty even higher) this is probably the hardest jrpg ever created. Every move in every turn matters, you need very specialized teams to kill bosses, which in turn forces you to unlock other classes, skills and gather all kinds of equipment. The early enemies will wipe your entire party in one or two turns, so you need to explore the surrounding zones to hunt some chests with better equipment and gather money to buy stuff, all while trying to stay alive and avoid any encounters until you're strong enough. The threat mechanics are very fun and fit the systems like a glove. You're not even required to have a tank and if you do, it's much more complex than braindead tanking in MMOs - you can't tank multiple target attacks (and they're very common) and there are skills requiring you to be either at the top or bottom of the threat list.

Please show us how good you are and kill the first boss on hard chaos, and then we'll talk.

Last edited:

welly321

Scholar
This game is amazing. I cant believe its not talked about on this forum more. Anyway I love this quote from it and I believe many game devs would do well in heeding these words.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
This game is amazing. I cant believe its not talked about on this forum more. Anyway I love this quote from it and I believe many game devs would do well in heeding these words.

honestly it's one of the very few non-story based games i still think about even months after completing it. the feeling of adventure and discovery is unbeatable

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
It is really a charming and fun RPG, 'dexers probably didn't care because it is a JRPG and its graphics. It has real 3d exploration with many gimmicks, nice amount of customization via classes and good battle system. Boss fights are a treat too. Only part bothered me was racing and thats because I'm not fond of racing of any kind. Other than that this is a great RPG.

notpl

Arbiter
It is really a charming and fun RPG, 'dexers probably didn't care because it is a JRPG and its graphics. It has real 3d exploration with many gimmicks, nice amount of customization via classes and good battle system. Boss fights are a treat too. Only part bothered me was racing and thats because I'm not fond of racing of any kind. Other than that this is a great RPG.
The charm is really what elevates it from a competent 8/10 to something great. Funny without being tedious, intriguing without being up its own ass, uplifting without being saccharine - you can tell the creator truly loves his work, and games in general.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Once I finish up with X-Piratez this is on my todo list for a LP. Shame I can't do a blind one; will definitely do one if the dev ever releases another similar game. For a LP of this, I'll probably do some kind of challenge run. Randomizer + some kind of self imposed restrictions voted on by the peanut gallery perhaps.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom