Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Curious about two things related to Fallout

fastpunk

Arbiter
I just completed my second playthrough of Fallout... and I'm curious about two things:

1. You know how the end slides start with a view of the desert and then the narrator starts talking? Well, in my case, after a few words he stops talking and the slides start rolling by really fast, pretty much ruining the whole ending. I want to see what repercussions my actions had! Is there a way to fix this bug? The game is patched btw.

2. What the fuck do you have to do to get those special random encounters? You know, like that crashed alien ship, or the giant footprint. Do you have to juice up Luck or something? Or is it just totally totally random and I'm really unlucky? I played this game twice and haven't seen any of them, for fuck's sake!

Anyway, that's all.

fastpunk said:
1. You know how the end slides start with a view of the desert and then the narrator starts talking? Well, in my case, after a few words he stops talking and the slides start rolling by really fast, pretty much ruining the whole ending. I want to see what repercussions my actions had! Is there a way to fix this bug? The game is patched btw.

Maybe find the unofficial fixpack on NMA, if you don't already have it.

2. What the fuck do you have to do to get those special random encounters? You know, like that crashed alien ship, or the giant footprint. Do you have to juice up Luck or something? Or is it just totally totally random and I'm really unlucky? I played this game twice and haven't seen any of them, for fuck's sake!

Luck helps a lot. You need at least an 8 or a 9 to even have a chance, and even then you do need to do some serious traveling. Are you getting encounters at all? Maybe it's an issue of your processor being too fast.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
10 Luck and you're pretty much guaranteed to walk into all those special encounters one after the other.

fastpunk

Arbiter
Edward_R_Murrow said:
Maybe find the unofficial fixpack on NMA, if you don't already have it.

Wasn't aware there was an unofficial patch for FO1 but I looked on NMA and found it. I'm gonna try it, see if it works.

Edward_R_Murrow said:
Luck helps a lot. You need at least an 8 or a 9 to even have a chance, and even then you do need to do some serious traveling. Are you getting encounters at all? Maybe it's an issue of your processor being too fast.

I'm traveling and getting encounters, but with the usual stuff: raiders, rad scorpions, some mutants in certain areas etc. I've taken the time to explore the map after completing the water chip quest. My char had a Luck of 5 though, next time I'll juice it all the way to 10. Should be an interesting playthrough.

edit: Thanks for the info dudes! I'll see if Jaesun's suggestion works.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Actually you do not need to turn it down all the way. Try getting it down a notch, then another, until it works. Just get an ending slide (death will do it) to test. You can keep full acceleration during the game though, it affects only the end slides, turning acceleration down during the game actually gave me some glitches.

Texas Red

Whiner
In world.ini in data/data of FO, you can edit the percentage you want for encounters. You could put 100% for "rare" encounters.

Dark Elf

Erudite
10 Luck to get all the special encounters. I also recommend Finesse as one of your starting traits. Then you take all the crit-enhancing perks you can get. Honestly, it gets rather perverse...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom