Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Darkness Within 2

Monolith

Prophet
I liked the first one and didn't know up until a few minutes ago that a sequel has been in the making.

The bad part:
-They switched engines. Now it's first person 3D with free movement and all the glitter that comes along with that.

The good part:
-It looks good.
-Q1 2010

A user named cat

Awesome find, thank you.

Never finished the first one though, dammit. Reformatted and totally forgot to backup my save. Was pretty far into it too, great game though. Just oozed with atmosphere and was creepy as hell especially playing at night time.

That little trailer looked good, hope the movement really is that smooth. That old man's face was pretty crazy looking, was expecting something else.

Monolith

Prophet
The end was a little bit anti-climatic, but supposedly quite fitting if you're versed in Lovecraft's cthulhu mythos (which I am not). Still, very atmospheric and let's say unsettling until the very end.

I also liked getting though all those creepy old mansions, food for my curiosity and need for exploration. That game was Scratches³ with less repetition, but also not as subtle.

A user named cat

It felt like Scratches with better polish. That game had such a bad ending, it was so rushed and silly. Hated the direction it took, moving away from the supernatural elements it had built up.

Monolith

Prophet
True, but some moments made up for that, e. g. the oven scene in the cellar or waking up in the middle of the night and hearing that damn knocking.

With "subtle" I mean the whole atmosphere that is gradually building up as you realize that there's something and you can't leave. You perceive the house differently at different stages, and in the end, it doesn't matter if it is night or day.

In Darkness the moment you enter one of those mansions you know something is going to fuck with your mind.

jedc53

Novice
This game are 3D adventure horror thriller video game.I really enjoyed the first one,I actually loved it.This is great.I loved to be scared by the first Darkness Within,can't wait for this one too.

deus101

Never LET ME into a tattoo parlor!
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
Well, i liked it.

The graphics isnt top notch but it does what its suppose todo.

I was a huge fan of the first game, last game that scared the shit out of me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom