Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RTS Dawn of War 1& 2 Anniversary Editions

karoliner

Arcane
Vatnik

I read 20 years and felt so fucking old...

Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II - Anniversary Edition
All of Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II in one glorious package.

The fan-favourite and legendary release of Dawn of War and Dawn of War 2, originally developed by Relic Entertainment in 2004 and 2009 respectively, have just turned 20 and 15 years years old! To celebrate, we’ve put together two Anniversary Editions, collecting the original game with all its DLC and expansions, as well as a host of fun extras for fans. To celebrate 20 and 15 years of these seminal titles, the Anniversary Editions will be a free upgrade for all existing owners of Dawn of War 1, and Dawn of War 2!

Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II Anniversary Edition now includes:

- Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II
- Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II - Retribution
- Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II - Chaos Rising
- All additional DLCs such as exclusive multiplayer army skins, and campaign and Last Stand wargear previously only available as DLC packs.

53186e80425a7f53da379e21ae28f2682346a1e9.jpg

With a focus on fast-action RTS gameplay, Dawn of War II brings to life the science fiction universe of Warhammer 40,000. Experience intense melee and devastating ranged combat. Use vicious melee sync-kills to obliterate your enemies. Outsmart your opponents using dynamic and destructible environments to suppress, flank and destroy your foes.

Six Playable Factions

Play as the transhuman warriors of the Space Marines, the savage and rowdy Orks, the mystical Eldar, the fiendish powers of Chaos, the ever-consuming Tyranids, and the mechanized force of the Imperial Guard.

Three Epic Campaigns

Guide an elite strike force of Space Marines through the original Dawn of War II campaign and its Chaos Rising follow-up. Then play as any of the six factions in Retribution, the finale of the whole campaign.
Throughout, a full rpg-style progression and wargear systems allow you to grow your heroes from new recruits to hardened veterans of endless war. Plus, all three campaigns are fully playable with a co-op partner!

Intense Multiplayer
Take on the world in 1v1, 2v2, and 3v3 multiplayer matches. Choose for 3 heroes for each faction, leveling them up in match while building your army. Destroy the enemy in annihilation mode or battle for control in Victory Point mode.

Last Stand Co-op

Choose from eight playable heroes and group up with two co-op partners in Last Stand mode. Unlock wargear and customize your loadouts as you fight to survive through 20 waves of enemies from across the franchise.

Last edited by a moderator:

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/4570/view/4690025373163919797

Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War - Anniversary Edition
The fan-favourite and legendary release of Dawn of War and Dawn of War 2, originally developed by Relic Entertainment in 2004 and 2009 respectively, have just turned 20 and 15 years years old! To celebrate, we’ve put together two Anniversary Editions, collecting the original game with all its DLC and expansions, as well as a host of fun extras for fans. To celebrate 20 and 15 years of these seminal titles, the Anniversary Editions will be a free upgrade for all existing owners of Dawn of War 1, and Dawn of War 2!

Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War Anniversary Edition now includes:

-Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War
-Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War - Soulstorm
-Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War - Winter Assault
-Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War - Dark Crusade

Upon its release in 2004, Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War quickly established itself as one of the all-time great real time strategy games and a glorious celebration of Games Workshop’s storied far future of the 41st Millennium. Twenty years later, it remains a classic, now packaged with all its expansions.

Nine Playable Armies

Command factions from across the galaxy.

· The transhuman warriors of the Space Marines bring the Emperor’s fury from orbit.
· The savage Orks smash through all their foes with abandon.
· The mystical Eldar strike from hiding with weapons of incomparable elegance.
· The twisted force of Chaos marries the power of daemons and heretic Space Marines alike.
· The mechanized Imperial Guard roll across the battlefield.
· The high-tech Tau deploy powerful mechanized battle suits and fearsome Kroot warriors.
· The ancient Necrons rise from the sands to eliminate all life.
· The foul Dark Eldar swoop from the skies to steal away their victims.
· The pious Sisters of Battle purge the foes of mankind without mercy.

Four Full Campaigns

· Command the Blood Ravens as they face the deadly fall of Tartarus in the original Dawn of War campaign.
· Lead the Winter Assault on Lorn V, guiding either the forces of Order (Imperial Guard and Eldar) or Disorder (Orks and Chaos) in a race to recover a mighty Titan war machine.
· Conquer the planet Kronus during the Dark Crusade, a non-linear strategic campaign playable as Space Marines, Imperial Guard, Eldar, Orks, Chaos, Tau, or Necrons.
· Weather the Soulstorm in the Kaurava System, in a second non-linear campaign, this time playable as any of the nine factions.

Frantic Multiplayer

· Play 2 to 8 player multiplayer, either in teams or in free-for-all.
· Choose from many modes and numerous maps.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Big fan of this game and believe it to be the last good RTS. I already had the game on Steam so this came as a free update. Having played it when it came out and beat all expansions I never liked Soulstorm. For me the first three campaigns are etalon. Dark Eldar and Sisters of Battle are a step down in quality from the original races.

Dr Skeleton

Arcane
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Soulstorm was made by another studio (as they were going out of business, I think), they made the flying units in an engine that could barely handle them and had serious pathfinder issues anyway, and it had game breaking bugs in MP that went unpatched for months and essentially killed online play. The campaign was just Dark Crusade again. The best thing you can say about it is that it gave modders a basis for 2 new factions to build on.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Soulstorm was made by another studio (as they were going out of business, I think), they made the flying units in an engine that could barely handle them and had serious pathfinder issues anyway, and it had game breaking bugs in MP that went unpatched for months and essentially killed online play. The campaign was just Dark Crusade again. The best thing you can say about it is that it gave modders a basis for 2 new factions to build on.
Soulstorm was also way better balanced than DC in mp. The only big issue was the game breaking mp bug (SoBs could get infinite resources from upgrade canceling). Other than that, they only made like 10 small balance adjustments.

The flying units really aren't a problem imo, although they're also not a great addition.

Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming!
What's this edition about? Did they add any compatibility fixes? DoW doesn't seem to work well on modern systems, there was problems with the zoom level and using mouse scrolling of the map when I tried to play it on a Windows 10 machine a few years ago. I didn't dabble too long into it, there seemed to be a rather convoluted mess of fan patches for the zoom issue, but none really fixed it for me.

Edit: It's just bundle, I don't think they changed anything.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
So what's new?
Literally nothing lmao

The way the update is phrased implies that all the expansions are bundled in one game now, right? It claims you can just launch the "Anniversary Edition" and launch every campaign from the same main menu.
Wrong. It still works the same way as before: Dawn of War, Winter Assault, Dark Crusade, and Soulstorm are still separate games that launch separately and if you want to play a specific campaign you have to launch that particular game. New factions and mechanics are also not backported into the earlier games. It's literally the same as it was before.

If you already own these games on Steam, the ONLY thing that changed is that Dawn of War is now called Anniversary Edition but that's about it.
If you don't own these games yet, the only thing that changed is that the purchase now includes all expansions by default. It's essentially just a game bundle.

What an absolute joke.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
It's essentially just a game bundle.
Yeah, but for Dow2, it includes all the dlcs and shit, so it's possible the best deal ever for that game. Assuming you care about last stand and cosmetic multiplayer dlc for a 15 year old game.

Dr Skeleton

Arcane
Soulstorm was also way better balanced than DC in mp. The only big issue was the game breaking mp bug (SoBs could get infinite resources from upgrade canceling). Other than that, they only made like 10 small balance adjustments.

The flying units really aren't a problem imo, although they're also not a great addition.
There was also the bug that allowed observers to interfere in the game by using Dark Eldar abilities :lol: and apparently a few others that I didn't remember
https://forums.demigodthegame.com/328024/
the Daemon Prince healing in combat modifier will no longer apply repeatedly as the player issues attack orders against enemy heroes
Harlequin dance of death no longer drains the player's resources.
The Illusory Monolith will no longer become real if there are Flayed Ones inside
Patched Soulstorm was/is still playable because the base game is good, more races is better than less, but as an expansion it was pretty shoddy compared to the rest, especially at launch.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom