Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Derpstorm

Multi-headed Cow

So I didn't remove Bulletstorm from an inventory and I've been messing with it a bit. Took a few pictures.

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/59693 ... ED445155D/ Here we see a quicktime event during the tutorial. The game won't advance if you don't click LMB here, the screen turns grey and it freezes and does nothing. I'm not sure if this is any better than the normal mandatory tutorial, but it struck me as being annoying.

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/59693 ... 36C23DD14/ Here we see a red ring of death on a door and durr hurr ourselves because we are playing on 360s.

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/59693 ... 5232BB8FB/ Here is the rail shooting sequence the game dumps you in almost at the very beginning. BET YOU WANTED TO SHOOT DUDES IN YOUR FPS HUH? EAT SOME RAILSHOOTIN DAWG

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/59693 ... F3C451C90/ I took a picture of this moment since I thought hey, this is kinda cool looking. I could go with some weird standing on the side of a building in an FPS. Unfortunately about 3 minutes after taking this screenshot I reached the end of that moment and had a cutscene of my guy jumping into the building. So yeah, no combat on the side of a building. Just a bit for people to take screenshots of so people without the game will think there will be a cool bit there.

As for how the gameplay feels, I'm playing on hard (Out of very easy, easy, normal, hard, very hard) and the enemies seem relatively on the weak side. Interface is very consoleized, in that a fair number of menus have to be run via keyboard and mouse is ignored entirely. AI seems dumb, but enemies die so fast it's hard to tell. You get points from killing the enemies in "Silly ways" which usually involves them standing right next to spike walls or explosives, sorta like Dark Messiah of Might and Magic only with more numerous and weak opponents. The points are used to buy upgrades for your weapons and ammo apparently. Story/dialog is worth mentioning because of how bad it is thus far. Shooters often have cheesy story, but this one seems to be forcing it upon you via cutscenes a bit heavily so far. Speaking of the cutscenes, hilariously enough when you hit a pre-rendered one it looks quite noticeably worse than my screenshots of in-game up there. I guess the pre-rendered ones might not be as noticeable on console, but they take a pretty big dip compared to high settings on PC.

As much of a sucker as I am for shooters, I kinda wish we got Painkiller 2 instead of this. Even with Painkiller's flaws of sealing you into areas to fight waves of spawning enemies, it had more entertaining shooting than this. This seems good enough to play for free but I sure as hell wouldn't recommend any bros pick it up at $60. Probably not even at $30 either.

Uninstalled after an hour and a half. Should've done that sooner though, now I'll have to be getting rid of this bad taste game left me with. Absolutely nothing was fun in it. First they throw a very long and boring opening at me. It's filled with really bad writing. Not fun campy stuff like Duke Nukem or Serious Sam, but the "trying way too hard" kind that doesn't seem to even reach the vicinity of self awareness. They also tried to pull some "emotional" moments on me. My eyes still hurt from all that rolling around. So after that long intro cutscene that pretended to have gameplay in it I reached the actual gameplay parts and they didn't turn out to be much better. Enemies are complete retards that stand around waiting for you to kill them. I'm not even sure it was possible to die in parts I played and the difficulty I used pretended to be "Very Hard". It probably gets harder later as the general rule goes, but I won't be seeing those parts.
So, shooting isn't fun, setting isn't fun, characters are clueless morons who do shit and then act genuinely surprised ("omg we were killing innocent people all this time, you basterd! Me will make you pay") without game poking fun at those situations in any way and you can't even jump (hold Space to run baby). No go for me. I'm pretty sure Duke Nukem Forever will be at the very least better than this.

Exmit

Scholar
DerpTurd , this game is CoD with a lasso, 1 min of youtube gameplay was enough for me.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
TurdStorm is actually pretty good considering it follows all the turdy Press [E] here, Press [Q] there shit that we have in every FPS for the last few years. Slaughtering fuckers is actually fun in a 'Dark Messiah for retards' kind of way at times. Story despite being standard 'hurr, durr' revenge faire is actually pretty well told and a lot better than MW, BLOPS, MoH and the like. They actually put a bit of effort in the single player mode unlike most other games these days.

I don't give a good fuck about all what all the Skyway parodies are saying here or will say. I know the limitations of this thing, I know I'll never buy it or struggle with multi, BUT as a single player experience in this age of turds it's fun, just like another maligned game 'Singularity' has been recently.

Do they hold a candle to the great games of old? Fucking of course not! Are they, despite all the retardation fun enough to play? They certainly are!

Exmit is a faggot. I'm a bit sad I didn't agree with the call for his banning. ;)

Rohit_N

Prophet
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
A little disappointed in the game, but I'll go with commie's opinion. If you absolutely must have a shooter to play and are tired of pseudo-realism, get Bulletstorm after a price drop.

I also have a problem in the PC version where I can't get highest quality graphic settings, and I can't do anything about it since the .ini files are encrypted. Also, the game is letterboxed for 16:9.

Exmit

Scholar
Commie herperderper filth is a newfaggy popamole lover, news at 11 :smug: prepare for Skyway faggots :smug:

I dunno commie, that Dead Space thing you hate so much seems to me like a superior game to Bulletstorm in nearly every way. It's weird to me you'd hate DS but actually find Bulletstorm enjoyable.

Luzur

Good Sir
gave me the cringes, so much american gung-ho in there.

i was almost expecting an american flag on the dinosaur.

Nostradumbass

Scholar
Multidirectional said:
I dunno commie, that Dead Space thing you hate so much seems to me like a superior game to Bulletstorm in nearly every way. It's weird to me you'd hate DS but actually find Bulletstorm enjoyable.

It's not cool to hate Bulletstorm yet. Got to wait for your scheduled skyway appearance.

baronjohn

Cipher
This is the stupidest game ever. That fifty cents game was at least so-bad-it's-good. This is just bad. I would support government censorship just to see this burned and its authors hanged.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
baronjohn said:
This is the stupidest game ever. That fifty cents game was at least so-bad-it's-good. This is just bad. I would support government censorship just to see this burned and its authors hanged.

So basically you are already on your second playthrough of it?

Multi-headed Cow

Hobo Elf said:
So did Duty Calls backfire on them?
What's hilarious is that this follows the shit Duty Calls was poking fun of almost exactly. Super linear levels? Yeah. Widgets for achievements? Yeah. BLOOD ON SCREEN SO REAL? Yeah. Cutscenes taking control of your character so you can see characters talking? Yeah. Bad AI where enemy stands there waiting for you to murder it? Yeah. Tiny jump? No jump!

Even though I mostly agree with Commie's "It's worth playing for free" stance, this game is impressively retarded. For example, Serious Sam. Stupid silly shooter. Has stupid story elements. Stupid story is almost entirely hidden in the menus, and during gameplay you don't give a fuck why there are headless guys with bombs running at you, as opposed to these awful cutscenes.

FaChoi

Educated
Maybe it's me or maybe cause I played it on PS3, but shouldn't an FPS with explosions and 'comedy' be exciting/fast paced with hordes of 'baddies' swarming you.

I got past some on the rails minigun shit and turned it off from boredom, thought i might slip into a coma its so slow

Leash enemy- he floats slowly through the air- kill- repeat

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Mulletstorm

huge-foreheaded-mullet.jpg
Asian-Mens-Mullet-Hairstyles-300x300.jpg
hoover_bro.jpg
angry_mullet.jpg
brown%20mullet%203%20lg.gif
205023214_0dd793d456.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom