Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Deus ex 2 invis war

gamefan

Scholar
Did anyone actually like this game? I thought it was shit compaired to the origional

J1M

Arcane
It is shit. I finished it in 55 minutes on my second play through.

Crichton

Prophet
I wouldn't say so. I don't really remember much of any of the music and I played it just last year. I didn't think it was "franchise-killing" bad, but it still wasn't worth a 2nd playthrough.

Jazper

Educated
Gameplay and level design was completely lacking compared to Deus Ex, but, I did enjoy some parts of it. The last level was quite fitting and it finished the storyline quite nicely. Fighting JC Denton made me feel terrible.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
DX2 sucks like this thread.

@skyway
The soundtrack is like the rest of the game, disappointing. I expected a lot more from Alex Brandon, but all you get is a main theme that rehearses the DX1 theme and then it's mostly ambient sounds and not that much music.

Mister Arkham

Scholar
skyway said:
So how was the soundtrack of DX2?
Was it on a par with DX1?

There are a couple of tracks that are pretty nice (Invisible War Theme and Trier - Black Gate) but on the whole it is, just like the rest of the game, nothing special.

I still have trouble comprehending how the writers managed to take a world as well realized as the one in Deus Ex and turn it into such forgettable crap. Apart from a couple of characters the game has nothing to do with the original.

God only knows what the third one is going to be like...

octavius

Arcane
Patron
I thought it was quite good. But then I was expecting the worst - it's all relative.
It's by no means a bad game, but don't expect it to be as good as Deus Ex.
A fun game worth playing, but I doubt I'll replay it like I've done with Deus Ex (and will again).

Chefe

Erudite
What the hell are you talking about? Everyone knows DE2 is better than the first one.

I managed to beat the game despite wasting tons of ammo before getting to the Statue of Liberty which is the last level. So it's easy as hell. I was also pretty meh on it. Competing coffee companies? In my future? I see no need for that.

gamefan

Scholar
sportforredneck said:
I managed to beat the game despite wasting tons of ammo before getting to the Statue of Liberty which is the last level. So it's easy as hell. I was also pretty meh on it. Competing coffee companies? In my future? I see no need for that.
LOL.

Yeah the coffee companies were dumb, the sad thing is they put more detail into that shit then into char devellopement.

Imbecile

Arbiter
It wasn't a bad game, it just didn't live up to its expectations or its pedigree. And somethings should have been improved. I'll swear that the AI was no better in DE:IW than in DE.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom