Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Disciples 3 Switches Developers

Ivy Mike

Scholar
January 11, 2006 - Strategy First sent along brief word today that, due to the
termination of an agreement with Game Factory Interactive, developer Mistland South
is no longer working on turn-based strategy sequel Disciples III. Work on the title has
moved to another studio, the identity of which Strategy First plans to announce soon.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/680/680862p1.html

Thank you! Hopefully the new developers can make Disciples 3 as good as Disciples 2 - perhaps slightly better balanced.

Deacdo

Liturgist
Give Disciples a tactical combat system and I'll be interested. Otherwise, forget it.

Strategy First really needs to take JA away from that crap studio, as well.

Balor

Arcane
Yea, no idea why Mistland got so much recognition. Yea, they make TB games, but they also make crappy games... and their stuff seem to consist of annoying dickhead pricks.
Their bashing of competing games and 'bow down and suck my dick, plebe!' attitude towards customers is insufferable.

Delirious Nomad

Scholar
Good news, considering Mistland made me buy those Paradise Cracked and Cops 2170 games, showing they hadn't learn from the first one by keeping the party in turn based mode while being out of combat.
Disciples II is one of my most beloved games, so I'm hoping Disciples III gets a worthy developer. Nival would be cool. I have the impression that Nival is quite a big house with the abilty to produce more than one title at a time. Am I wrong ?

Lady Armageddona

Liturgist
Can't wait. Can't watch. Can't afford to wish that someone does a good sequel to Disciples.

While I had no high hopes for anything coming from MistLand or whoever was supposed to develop Disciples 3, I was so utterly shattered by the complete crap that was Rise of the Elves that I had almost given up the series.

I hope that whoever has picked up the development, continues (I can't believe I'm writing this, but I do want to see the continuation of the RotE storyline) the storyline and the world. And hires the man/people that did the art of The Dark Prophesy. Most of RotE's was utter and complete crap.

oherror

Liturgist
yeah i loved the art in 2....E was a bit off but looked ok....we shall see thou

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom