Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Do Witcher 1 saves affect anything?

Texas Red

Whiner
I heard the changes are minimal, but what exactly are they? Are there saves somewhere like with ME and are they worth downloading? If it's extra loot and experience, forget it.

If you, for example, romanced someone besides Merrigold, is there a difference? Or, more importantly, any difference deriving from your support of the non humans or the Order?

What I enjoy doing with ME is loading up Paragon saves from ME 1 and 2, and then playing a complete Renegade. This leads to some fairly interesting results. Any possibility of such a thing for Witcher?

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
It does import the weapons and armor you had equipped at the end of the first game, which is a nice touch. They quickly become outclassed, but it's cool nonetheless.

Otherwise, there is very little import changes. Geralt always ends up in a relationship with Triss (I believe the Enhanced Edition gives a journal entry excuse for him leaving Shani) and overall there are very little changes. The only ones I can think of off-hand is that Siegfried will make an appearance in the last chapter if you supported the Order and during some of Iorveth's talks, you can bring up what you did in the first game with regards to non-humans.

Deleted member 7219

Adda is mentioned a few times if you saved her. No mention of you fucking her though. I don't know about Shani because I went with Triss on all my playthroughs.

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
It does import the weapons and armor you had equipped at the end of the first game, which is a nice touch. They quickly become outclassed, but it's cool nonetheless.

Otherwise, there is very little import changes. Geralt always ends up in a relationship with Triss (I believe the Enhanced Edition gives a journal entry excuse for him leaving Shani) and overall there are very little changes. The only ones I can think of off-hand is that Siegfried will make an appearance in the last chapter if you supported the Order and during some of Iorveth's talks, you can bring up what you did in the first game with regards to non-humans.
In addition to those, you can meet Thaler's agent if you helped him in the first game. If you saved Adda, you may encounter a priest that curses you for allowing a monster to live. Adda being alive and married to Radovid should affect the ending as well if you go with Roche. Your path in the first game affects what the Order of the Flaming Rose thinks of you, which affects at least two parts of the game (for instance, you can't always get to Loc Muinne through the front door even in the right company). There are enough little things to make importing a save worth it, but there aren't any radical changes. You get little details here and there.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom