Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

DoddTheSlayer 2.2 (Important Update)

DoddTheSlayer

Educated
For now there is no longer a patch for the mod since the release of version 2.3 which you can download here:

http://www.divshare.com/download/19437808-a55

Note that this is the full mod which includes all the bug fixes from patch 2.2 and some new ones that have been discovered after that patch.
Should more bugs be discovered then a patch will be released with the details in this thread.

UPDATE:
There is now a Patch_2.4 which is very important. You can download it here:
http://www.divshare.com/download/19437808-a55

This changes all the new items for Bards and Gadgeteers, because game code was not recognising the upgrades as they were.
You can read more about this and 2 other changes in the readme file.
This patch is only to be applied to installed mod version_2.3

bezimek

Scholar
Downloading patch, now.

btw. I must say you make a very good mod :!: New locations, new quests, new items and new enemies . In one word good job.

DoddTheSlayer

Educated
UPDATE:
There is now a Patch_2.4 which is very important. You can download it here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?mnqq0m7gngw

This changes all the new items for Bards and Gadgeteers, because game code was not recognising the upgrades as they were.

Balor

Arcane
Can you please put the main file (2.30) on mediafire?
Due to my 'public' IP adress pretty much any other filesharing site is unavalable...
Or can someone torrent it? Mod looks promising, but I cannot d/l it :(.

DoddTheSlayer

Educated
I wish i could. It is my favourite site, but unfortunately you have to pay a monthly fee to host a file that is over 100mb in size.
There are very few viable free options for files over 100mb. There is always something that makes them impracticle such as the length of time they will host your file or the number of downloads before you are cut off.
I may at some point start paying to use one of these sites, but right now i cannot afford it.
I willl look into a torrent for you.

Balor

Arcane
Well, mediafire is such a great filehoster otherwise.
You can always split the file into two sections with winrar or 7-zip (which is free and provides better compression)

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
DoddTheSlayer, have you tried possibly contacting The Patches Scrolls? They host Wesp's Bloodline patches.

cardtrick

Arbiter
Just wanted to say that I've been playing this for the past couple of days, and really enjoying the experience so far. The monastery felt completely different. I haven't yet seen Arnika, since I went to Trynton first this time (needed the +5 int from the fountain for two casters who were already pushing 90 int by the time I left the monastery). The level of the combat has been really great for the most part, with the treasure hunter fights in particular being very memorable. One minor issue: I would eliminate or reduce the spawning of the rabid breeder/rabid rats groups in Trynton -- they invariably get clogged in the narrow walkways there, so that all the rats are stuck behind the breeder, and it's basically shooting fish in a barrel. I'm running a fourfer of bard, psionicist, alchemist, and divine/wizardry bishop.

DoddTheSlayer

Educated
"Well, mediafire is such a great filehoster otherwise.
You can always split the file into two sections with winrar or 7-zip (which is free and provides better compression)"

This is what i did when i first released version 2.0, but people were only partially downloading part 2 and as a result there was an increasing gap between the number of downloads for parts 1 & 2

I see that there is one downloader from the torrent that i sent you by message. was that you ?

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I am trying to play your mod, and like the combat encounters.

But why, why didn't you spell-check it? All the writing is sorely in need of an editor. I know we play Wizardry 8 for the combat and not for the writing, but honestly, it's really grating to find grammar errors, stylistical mistakes and punctuation/capitalisation mishaps every single conversation.

I bet if you asked any English-speaking Wizardry fan he'd gladly look it over for you, for free.

DoddTheSlayer

Educated
UPDATE:
Patch 2.4 has been updated and the link changed
Many items needed fixing. You can go ahead and re-apply the patch to you saved game and the changes will take place right away. Here is the new link.

http://www.mediafire.com/?9gscr3zn1gu

This patch originally changes all the new items for Bards and Gadgeteers, because game code was not recognising the upgrades as they were.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Hey, pay attention! You need to fix all the thousands of typos and whatnot in your mod or it's very stressing to read the new text. The really poor writing could use an overhaul too. Is there a way to edit the text strings? I'd like to fix my copy so that it is readable.

DoddTheSlayer

Educated

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Oh come on! Just glance over your strings and text. Not one is free of mistakes.

What's annoying me the most is the clumsy writing - just get an editor.

Oh, and /constantly/ typing "i" when you mean "I" - in English, the word for first person singular, "I", is always written with a large "I", a capital letter, really breaks the flow when you are reading.

Honestly, I love your new encounters and monsters, but come on! It can't be so hard to have a native English speaker have a look at the dialogue to correct it. It'd make the mod so much more enjoyable.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom