Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Does anyone have the issue number of the game informer with

deuxhero

Arcane
Todd saying "Fantasy, for us, is a knight on horseback running around and killing things"

I want to cite it.

Jaime Lannister

Arbiter
He says he was misquoted now though, so we can't point to it and say "This is what Todd Howard actually believes" because he either didn't believe it then or doesn't believe it now.

Erzherzog

Magister
It's the one with Oblivion on the cover.

Which, I believe is a knight on a horse, holding a sword.

Go figure.

(Edited out the misuse of the word. "Ironic")

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
I didn't study today, I took a test that anyone spending 10 minutes on Wikipedia (as I did to study) could pass. Computer Security. The subject is so damn complicated that it would be unfair to test us over actual computer security shit, so we do boring stuff for tests like:
1) apply vigenere's encryption cipher to this text
THIS TEST IS HARD TOO LATE TO DROP LOL
2) This encrypted message was intercepted and is known to use Caesar's cipher, however we don't know the key, however Agent 99 found out that IS appears twice in the plaintext message. Decode it (answer was WHY IS THIS SO EASY) I'm not joking.

The only part I might've gotten wrong is the part where you have to list security levels by dominance since I forgot about that part and didn't study it.

On this guy's tests you get 20 points for writing your name (i.e. showing up). If that sounds like bullshit, it is a little bit, but this guy teaches the really hard classes. It just happens that this one is so hard that there's no way we could do it in-depth during a summer semester, so it's more like an overview (he does teach a more in-depth class called Network Security). Our semester project is to write a C++ or Assembly program that can read in no more than 20 upper case characters and apply Vigènere's cipher to it.

Easy. The lats project I got for him was to write a processor with two four bit registers that could add, subtract, read, and store, in VHDL. Yeah, I got the 20 for turning in a piece of paper with my name on it, and 20 points for having done some of the base work right.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom