Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Does anyone know what the hell this is?

GarlandExCon

Arcane
I come to you guys in a time of need. I found something I can't identify.

The story: I recently found a bunch of old school 1980's boxed AD&D sets at a thrift shop. I bought them all. One of the boxes was actually a set of Conan miniatures.

It was complete, but inside that box were some extra things. There was a Warrior figure that looked very Conan-esque with an "S" stamp I didn't recognize and a 1981 date (the Conan set is from 1984), a Napoleon-era foot solider figure with no markings and this thing...

Anyone have any idea what it's from? No mark on the back. It's metal but doesn't seem like pewter (the color is off). It's tiny. About the size of a quarter. It looks like a weapon maybe but a little too big.

Anyway, any incite would be appreciated.

agris

Arcane
Patron
i can't say for sure, but i have a vague memory that this is an old type of no-sew button that is meant to join two pieces of fabric with button holes. it's worn in a conspicuous manner, almost like a brooch, and fastens the top button hole(s) of an overcoat.

kinda like cuff links, only for outer wear. if it's real and i'm not hallucinating like chatGPT, it has a specific name and that name is escaping me at the moment.

edit: insight*

GarlandExCon

Arcane
i can't say for sure, but i have a vague memory that this is an old type of no-sew button that is meant to join two pieces of fabric with button holes. it's worn in a conspicuous manner, almost like a brooch, and fastens the top button hole(s) of an overcoat.

kinda like cuff links, only for outer wear. if it's real and i'm not hallucinating like chatGPT, it has a specific name and that name is escaping me at the moment.

edit: insight*

Hmmmm... that definitely sounds like a possibility. It's possible it's totally unrelated to D&D or RPGs and it's just something the old owner used as a figure/token/marker when DMing.

spectre

Arcane
ill-tell-you-idk.gif

GarlandExCon

Arcane
I figured it out. It's a pixie's cockring.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom