Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dr Who and the City of the Daleks

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/dw/theadventuregames

Since this is ONLY available FREE (for now) for people with an IP within the UK, just wondering if any of you living there have tried this?

Someone on another forum gave a quick write up as:

ok, it might be more enjoyable if you're into Doctor W. but, I've played a lot of Adventure Games in my life - all the Classics and new ones - and I'd say this one is an 8/10. On the Easy side. Like the new Sam Maxes only slightly (even)easier since it's supposed to be targetting 'all the family'.

BTW, It's surprising that its 'console puzzles' are very original.

Sounds like a decent... time killer. And I am a huge Dr. Who fag/fan, so was just interested. But I don't live in the UK... :/

Fens

Ford of the Llies
there's a 5 part walkthrough on youtube, if you're out of luck with proxies

Wulfstand

Prophet
Whenever I randomly get to see a episode of this show and I see the Daleks, and remember that they're supposed to be fucking world destroyers and what not, and I hear they're fucking voice, I almost instantly start 'laughing out loud'.

Still, the few episodes that centered this guy:
doctor_who_wideweb__470x355.jpg

as the doctor, from what I've saw, were pretty.... entertaining, I guess...
Also, I'd hit the blond chick that accompanies him.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Redhead. And fuck the 11th Doctor, or rather fuck this last season. Tripe.

I wanna give the adventure game a spin tho. But not British :(

Serus

Arcane
Patron
Wulfstand said:
Whenever I randomly get to see a episode of this show and I see the Daleks, and remember that they're supposed to be fucking world destroyers and what not, and I hear they're fucking voice, I almost instantly start 'laughing out loud'.
Works as intended. It is supposed to be SF/comedy after all.

Brother None said:

Wulfstand posted 10th doctor David Tennant with Rose (Billie Piper) - how is she redhead ?

Same problem here - i was unable to find a working version anywhere.

Not really my bag. I hate the new Doctor with a passion, and unfortunately it doesn't allow you to play as a Dalek or Cyberman and EXTERMINATE! him.

Best Doctor ever:

tom_baker_doctor_who.jpg

Circuitbreaker

Liturgist
Brother None said:

Actually I think the redhead is one of the best companions ever, better even than Rose (Billie Piper). Still River Song outshines her though, a pity she only appears in a few episodes.

Deleted Member 10432

Serus said:
Wulfstand said:
It really, really isn't. And even if it were, it's not funny, just gutcrunchingly smug. I hate nu Dr Who with a passion. It's like getting Fallout 3 served to you for five years in a row, with each year praised as a masterpiece. Now add to that that the universal circle-jerk around this engine of cuntery also insists on trashing FO1/2, and you have some idea why nu Dr Who needs to die in a fire.

The best things Dr Who produced were probably An Unearthly Child, The Aztecs, Inferno, Genesis of the Daleks, Pyramids of Mars, Warriors Gate, The Keeper of Traken, Kinda, Snakedance, Revelation of the Daleks, Vengeance on Varos, The Greatest Show in the Galaxy, The Curse of Fenric, Ghost Light and Survival.

The new shit is by comparison new, shit, and the new shit; consolised faggotry-TV for the idiot generation.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Are they real Daleks or the fruity new power ranger/merchandising Daleks?

Deleted Member 10432

Metro said:
Are they real Daleks or the fruity new power ranger/merchandising Daleks?
It's the five delicious flavours.

syllopsium

Educated
It's actually quite good..

There are a number of simple puzzles, quite a lot of sneaking, some timed action sequences and things to collect in-game.

It's clearly aimed at children but actually quite enjoyable.

Wouldn't pay a large amount of money for it though.

Bruticis

Jaesun said:
Sounds like a decent... time killer. And I am a huge Dr. Who fag/fan, so was just interested. But I don't live in the UK... :/

I don't see any reason why you couldn't just google a UK proxy and use that?

AlaCarcuss

Arbiter
Djadjamankh said:
Serus said:
Wulfstand said:
It really, really isn't. And even if it were, it's not funny, just gutcrunchingly smug.

Bullshit. I've been watching it since the early 60's and the show has never taken itself too seriously. It's more a SF parody than anything else.

If you think otherwise, either:

a) It goes way over your head
b) You're American (or Kiwi), in which case see a

For instance, when I watched it as a kid I thought it was serious, but I also thought the 60's Batman TV show was serious back then too...

Multi-headed Cow

Djadjamankh said:
Serus said:
Wulfstand said:
It really, really isn't. And even if it were, it's not funny, just gutcrunchingly smug. I hate nu Dr Who with a passion. It's like getting Fallout 3 served to you for five years in a row, with each year praised as a masterpiece. Now add to that that the universal circle-jerk around this engine of cuntery also insists on trashing FO1/2, and you have some idea why nu Dr Who needs to die in a fire.

The best things Dr Who produced were probably An Unearthly Child, The Aztecs, Inferno, Genesis of the Daleks, Pyramids of Mars, Warriors Gate, The Keeper of Traken, Kinda, Snakedance, Revelation of the Daleks, Vengeance on Varos, The Greatest Show in the Galaxy, The Curse of Fenric, Ghost Light and Survival.

The new shit is by comparison new, shit, and the new shit; consolised faggotry-TV for the idiot generation.

BULLSHIT. New Doctor Who has good episodes and bad episodes, and overall it has been kickass. Especially listing The Curse of Fenric as one of the best, what the hell. All Doctor Who has stupid/silly shit in it, but god damn. That story has so many silly convenient moments that I just don't know what to say. Though Sylvester McCoy is wonderful of course.
And The Aztecs!? Susan, Barbara and Ian herp derping all over the place. Not at all sure why this one would stick in your mind as a favorite. The rest I don't remember enough to bitch about. Except The Unearthly Child, which just about has the Doctor smashing a guy's god damn skull in.
Also going to write you off as a consoletard popamole faggot because you are saying Dr Who instead of Doctor Who. :smug:

I will say that the Russel T Davies new season finales tend to be cheesy as hell, even when they have interesting or fun ideas. The absolute worst was Dobby Doctor, holy fuck. Way to ruin having the Master around, Davies. Also have to say that #11 (Can't remember actor's name yet) is surprisingly good, possibly to the point of my favorite of the new doctors. Eccelston was around so little that I liked him fairly well but he didn't really grow on me, and Tennant was alright but too hyper. Newest Doctor had a great season and I was impressed how much I liked him.

Unf. Thus concludes my r00fling.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Yeah, Russell T. Davies shouldn't be allowed to write any more Doctor Who series conclusions. Shit always ends with "IF WE ALL BELIEVE MAGIC WILL HAPPEN AND THE BAD GUYS WIL DIE" ghey-ass bullshit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom