Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Drakensang Prequel Announced

Tags: Drakensang

Fans of the German RPG Drakensang may be in for more of what they like, as the publisher DTP Entertainment has <a href="http://bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=viewstory&threadid=95734">announced</a> Drakensang: The River of Time, a prequel to Drakensang. Here's the official spiel.
<br>
<blockquote>Hamburg/Germany, February 17th, 2009 – Hamburg/Germany based publisher dtp entertainment has today confirmed that developer Radon Labs is working on a prequel to the award winning title: The Dark Eye: Drakensang, which has won the “best German RPG 2008” award at the German Developer Awards. Drakensang: The River Of Time is going to tell a new story within the Drakensang universe. The prequel is scheduled to be released on the PC early 2010.
<br>
<br>
“Fans of Drakensang and RPGs get exactly what they want: A new story in the embosomed Drakensang universe, bringing as much innovations as tried and true game elements”, describes Bernd Beyreuther, Creative Director at Radon Labs, Drakensang: The River Of Time.
<br>
<br>
“We continue the success story of Drakensang. The Dark Eye players can look forward to another precise realization of their favorite RPG system. Those players who will experience The Dark Eye for the first time won’t miss a thing and can just start right into the fascinating medieval RPG fantasy scenario of Drakensang: The River Of Time”, Markus Windelen, COO of publisher dtp entertainment, adds.</blockquote>
<br>
There's also a screenshot of some sort of <a href="http://bluesnews.com/screenshots/games/drakensang/20090217/drakensang_afdz_screen001.shtml">barrel golem</a>.
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://bluesnews.com/">Blue's News</A>

bhlaab

Erudite
Okay so when the fuck am I going to be able to play the first game? Announce a release date for that before you announce a new game.

DemonKing

Arcane
I've been playing the demo recently and the combat is dead boring while the dialog suffers from ye olde translation problems, plus navigating in the caves was extremely annoying.

Not sure if I'll pick this up, to be honest...I'll wait for some reviews I guess.

Shannow

Waster of Time
Darth Roxor said:
Edward_R_Murrow said:
Fans of the German RPG Drakensang

They exist?
Any game can (will) have fans.

I was thinking of restarting the game with a battle mage if they brought out an add on that fixes some of the issues... *sigh*

Andhaira

Arcane
I wonder if they plan to seuquel Gorasul:Legacy of the dragon.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
AndhairaX said:

No because it's too obscure. Nobody knows about it. I found it in the selling list of a Romanian hacker. Yeah, a hacker was the only person who sold it. Never saw it in any store or read anything about it in the gaming press.

So, basically, no.

Shannow

Waster of Time
JarlFrank said:
AndhairaX said:

No because it's too obscure. Nobody knows about it. I found it in the selling list of a Romanian hacker. Yeah, a hacker was the only person who sold it. Never saw it in any store or read anything about it in the gaming press.

So, basically, no.
Could you elaborate on that?

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Shannow said:
JarlFrank said:
AndhairaX said:

So, basically, no.
Could you elaborate on that?

On the game?
Well, it's a rather "light" RPG. You're some former hero with a sword that speaks and levels up together with you. I don't remember much of it since I played it long ago, but there wasn't any real C&C and combat was rather mediocre. It was nothing special. And it's a rather obscure game, too, I dunno where you can get it nowadays [except maybe torrent sites and ebay]. It was published [and maybe also developed?] by JoWood.

Andhaira

Arcane
It was jowoods first game.

lol

Does anyone else read 'blowjob' when reading 'jowood'?

flabbyjack

Arcane

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom