Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Dungeon Siege 2 expansion?

Spazmo

Erudite
Tags: Dungeon Siege II: Broken Worlds; Gas Powered Games

The <a href=http://www.gaspowered.com/newsletters.php?newsID=20>latest Gas Powered Games newsletter</a> has a brief mention of an expansion to Dungeon Siege 2 coming in 2006:<blockquote>Looking ahead, 2006 will be another exciting year for GPG, as we have many unannounced projects in development. I don't want to spoil all the surprises for 2006, and we'll announce them as soon as we can. Keep an eye on your inbox for more news in the months ahead. Oh, and we'll be announcing the release date for the DS2 Expansion Pack as well.</blockquote>I guess it was somewhat inevitable, but it's still disappointing to hear.<br>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.bluesnews.com">Blue's News</A>

ExMonk

Scholar
Spazmo said:
The <a href=http://www.gaspowered.com/newsletters.php?newsID=20>latest Gas Powered Games newsletter</a> has a brief mention of an expansion to Dungeon Siege 2 coming in 2006:<blockquote>Looking ahead, 2006 will be another exciting year for GPG, as we have many unannounced projects in development. I don't want to spoil all the surprises for 2006, and we'll announce them as soon as we can. Keep an eye on your inbox for more news in the months ahead. Oh, and we'll be announcing the release date for the DS2 Expansion Pack as well.</blockquote>I guess it was somewhat inevitable, but it's still disappointing to hear.<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.bluesnews.com">Blue's News</A>

Why is this disappointing? I've been playing alot of DS2 lately and enjoying it, because I accept it for what it is: it is the game to turn to when I'm itching for mindless clicking, and speedy progression (usually very late at night). Of course, I reserve the more mentally alert times of the day for undiluted rpg's.

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
DS2 Expansion Pack

Aptly called Legends of Rehash, where players take the epic scope of the award winning Dungeon Siege 2 into the realm of Ritalin to fight a mysterious menace poised to enslave all those that stand in its way. Find new weapons such as the Clickmore, new spells such as Clickity Click, and brave new locations from Been Her'Befor and the Keep of the Yawnobbits.

bryce777

Erudite
Role-Player said:
DS2 Expansion Pack

Aptly called Legends of Rehash, where players take the epic scope of the award winning Dungeon Siege 2 into the realm of Ritalin to fight a mysterious menace poised to enslave all those that stand in its way. Find new weapons such as the Clickmore, new spells such as Clickity Click, and brave new locations from Been Her'Befor and the Keep of the Yawnobbits.

Yes, but does it allow you to enslave nations with necromancy???

Sol Invictus

Erudite
That's going to be the new Codex joke line, isn't it?

Enslaving nations with necromancy, soil erosion and Patrick Stewart. But how? In order to do so, one must first equip the ring.

That said I hope that they improve the multiplayer of DS2. The single player game itself was pretty fun, and it had quite a bit of replayability, but the multiplayer game was rather dull.

LlamaGod

Cipher
Sol Invictus said:
That's going to be the new Codex joke line, isn't it?

Enslaving nations with necromancy, soil erosion and Patrick Stewart. But how? In order to do so, one must first equip the ring.

That said I hope that they improve the multiplayer of DS2. The single player game itself was pretty fun, and it had quite a bit of replayability, but the multiplayer game was rather dull.

tacitcular cancer > all three of those sites of yours

aboyd

Liturgist
Did a publication award DS2 best CRPG of 2005?

I would think the Night of the Raven expansion, or Space Rangers, or Hammer & Sickle, or even Fate would qualify for best CRPG before DS2 would.

Delirious Nomad

Scholar
I'm so burnt out from playing DS2 about 2 hours ( distributed on maybe 10 days ), thinking of an expansion brings tears to my eyes.
The worst about this game is how it tries to cover its simple nature with complexity that doesn't come naturally.

Whipporowill

Erudite
DS2 wasn't that bad - I certainly enjoyed it, and if an expansion pack can add something other than new loot and monsters I certainly wouldn't mind playing it. A better mp map is what's sorely lacking at m, one of the worst letdowns from the original (which was a worse game, but with a great mp map).

Shagnak

Shagadelic
Playing past more than a couple of hours helps. The first few hours were bordering on terrible for me, but it eventually improved.
The game opens up a bit after then, with plenty of optional side-quests, some of which require you to return to earlier locations, and some of which require some thinking to sort out what you should be doing.

There are even some old-skool-rpg-style dungeon puzzles (including a riddle to decipher!).

All it needs is a little more dialogue options. Most dialogue seems to involve a single option (oxymoron) that peddles the conversation along in a linear manner.
Even without that the quests have more variety than that of, say, Sacred.

Don't get me wrong, I like Sacred, but the ultimate purpose of Sacred is levelling up and getting phat l3wt. The quests have little (or even no) thought involved.
There is a heap of levelling and phat l3wt in DS2 too, obviously, but the structure of the game and the nature of some of the quests makes it seem more "trad rpg-ish" (compared to Sacred and Diablo) than most people here would like to admit.

Whip said:
if an expansion pack can add something other than new loot and monsters I certainly wouldn't mind playing it.
Ditto.

I actually bought DS2 quite a while ago, and was initially very disappointed. I found it hard getting past the bits I had already played in the demo. The idea of an expansion would not have interested me at all.

But while I've been on holiday I've played quite a bit of it and have seen quite a few positives. Im somewhere in Act II (so, between a 3rd and half way I reckon - the game is reasonably big), so let's see how long my reasonably positive opinion lasts.

Haven't played multi-player yet.

Levski 1912

Scholar
I played the DS2 demo. It made my eyes bleed, and neural genocide resulted in my brain.

Yasukai

Novice
DS2

Hey my friend just gave me his copy of DS2 but lost the key code. I'm wanting to try this game online - so if any of you who hate this game wanna email me your key i will be sure to agree with everything you say on these forums, and spread the word that you are the best gamer in the world.. thanks :) Yasukai at comcast.net

Chefe

Erudite
Re: DS2

Yasukai said:
Hey my friend just gave me his copy of DS2 but lost the key code. I'm wanting to try this game online - so if any of you who hate this game wanna email me your key i will be sure to agree with everything you say on these forums, and spread the word that you are the best gamer in the world.. thanks :) Yasukai at comcast.net

Hey, no problem. I hated the game with a passion. Take my keycode, lest you be forced to actually by this shit.

here you go

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom