Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dwarf Fortress 0.28.181.39a released.

Balor

Arcane
Now with full-scale wars!*
Also quite a few fixes and interface improvements. Download (and donate!) now.

*Partially implemented for now, but you can see aftermath of them at least, like gruesome sculptures of human flesh or men hanging like rotten fruit.

Oarfish

Prophet
Oh yes, this looks like a sweet release for adventure mode.

Ander Vinz

Scholar
Actually it's up to people who answer questions. Smart people usually give smart answers. Or at least witty.
You've shown that you are incapable of both.

Oarfish

Prophet
Nasty bug in this release - none of your dwarves wake up in dwarf mode. All gone a little bit :snowwhite:

MisterStone

Arcane
Oarfish said:
Nasty bug in this release - none of your dwarves wake up in dwarf mode. All gone a little bit :snowwhite:

Yeah... it's pretty much broken right now. If we want to actually play fortress mode, we'll have to wait until the dev wakes up and fixes it. I think he works from something like 3:00 in the afternoon until 4 or 5 in the morning (Pacific time), crazy guy.

Caveman

Scholar
All day long I was playing new version in adventure mode and reading legends.
And this looks like a best game ever.

Cant wait for fixed version.

Shoelip

Arbiter
MisterStone said:
Oarfish said:

Yeah... it's pretty much broken right now. If we want to actually play fortress mode, we'll have to wait until the dev wakes up and fixes it. I think he works from something like 3:00 in the afternoon until 4 or 5 in the morning (Pacific time), crazy guy.

This is what he does for a living too. He's gotten enough donations that he can live on them and just work on the game.

Balor

Arcane
Great! Now I can finally get to really play DF mode.
Reading legends were quite fun though. Expecially about men- dwarf- goblin- demon-eating elves, that zerg and kill everyone, shrugging off huge losses.
And I'm quite sure it's not a bug.
Btw:

Dwarf: Well, mister treehugger, I suppose you want us to stop cutting down tr-
Elf Diplomat: THE BLOOD OF YOUR PEOPLE WILL STAIN THE EARTH, YOUR WOMENFOLK WILL WAIL AS WE CUT OUT THEIR EYES AND ROAST THEM, AND YOUR CHILDREN'S BLOOD WILL BE THE NECTAR THAT FEEDS OUR SAPLINGS, YOU BEARDED HAMBURGER.
Dwarf: Well, we could always just limit our tree cutting quota to 125 if it bugs you tha-
Elf Diplomat: OUR ARMIES NUMBER THOUSANDS AND OUR LUST FOR BLOOD IS INSATIABLE, AND WE FIND YOUR PEOPLE VERY DELICIOUS WHEN SERVED WITH-
Dwarf: Alright, alright! 50 trees! 50 trees!
Elf Diplomat: Very well, while we may not always see eye to eye *chortle*, we can agree to this.

Shoelip

Arbiter
Balor said:
Great! Now I can finally get to really play DF mode.
Reading legends were quite fun though. Expecially about men- dwarf- goblin- demon-eating elves, that zerg and kill everyone, shrugging off huge losses.
And I'm quite sure it's not a bug.
Btw:

Dwarf: Well, mister treehugger, I suppose you want us to stop cutting down tr-
Elf Diplomat: THE BLOOD OF YOUR PEOPLE WILL STAIN THE EARTH, YOUR WOMENFOLK WILL WAIL AS WE CUT OUT THEIR EYES AND ROAST THEM, AND YOUR CHILDREN'S BLOOD WILL BE THE NECTAR THAT FEEDS OUR SAPLINGS, YOU BEARDED HAMBURGER.
Dwarf: Well, we could always just limit our tree cutting quota to 125 if it bugs you tha-
Elf Diplomat: OUR ARMIES NUMBER THOUSANDS AND OUR LUST FOR BLOOD IS INSATIABLE, AND WE FIND YOUR PEOPLE VERY DELICIOUS WHEN SERVED WITH-
Dwarf: Alright, alright! 50 trees! 50 trees!
Elf Diplomat: Very well, while we may not always see eye to eye *chortle*, we can agree to this.

I must say to this, roflolmao.

Zomg

Arbiter
On a related note, the guys that took over Liberal Crime Squad have been updating it pretty rapidly lately, and someone started a decent wiki for it. You have to dig down into the Bay12 Curses forum to find the updating version, since the obvious link to it on Toady's site is for his last version which hasn't been touched in several years.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom