Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Epic Mickey: To Replay or not to Replay

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Okay, I'm definitely going to play this game at some point, though I need to know whether to rent or buy. I know during my first (and only?) playthrough I'll likely try to do all the side shit that I can. Now, I know they've talked about replayability, but in most cases that need not apply to people who do everything they are allowed to do in one playthrough. So, is the replayability they've hyped of the "there's lots of side shit to do" variety or is there actual replayability (i.e. shit gets cut off)?

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
In the event you're being serious... you realize it's basically a platformer, right?

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I've replayed earthworm jim and conker's bad fur day over the years.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Metro said:
In the event you're being serious... you realize it's basically a platformer, right?
Yes but they've really hyped up multiple ways to progress and all that.

I'm decently far into it now. Unfortunately it gets pretty samey; the puzzles never become challenging, the platforming and combat are simple even in comparison to the old American McGee Alice... The game is really all about atmosphere and it does that better than any other Disney game since "Mickey Mania".

I just don't think there's enough choice/non-linearity involved to make a decent replay, but good luck if you try it. :salute:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
R.I.P. Warren Spector

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom