Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

essential mods for New Vegas?

Nostradumbass

Scholar
i figured if I'm going to go through this popamole i might as well make it more bareable. esentially I'm looking for those mods which are to it what Oscuro's Overhaul (OOO 1.3) was to Oblivion.

MetalCraze

Arcane
After trying to force myself to play this horrible shit I found that using the unins000.exe mod works best.

desocupado

Magister
That realistic lightning mod is good. Just don't grab Fellout, it's shit.

baronjohn

Cipher
Nostradumbass said:
i figured if I'm going to go through this popamole i might as well make it more bareable.
There is no way to improve New Vegas except with uninstall.exe

Nostradumbass said:
esentially I'm looking for those mods which are to it what Oscuro's Overhaul (OOO 1.3) was to Oblivion.
OOO did not improve Oblivian in any way

because it was already perfect :smug:

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
MetalCraze said:
It's not a joke, dear 2011 - 3 days member. It happened to me in reality.
Don't you have a cock to jerk or something? Why don't you go do that for a while? It'll make your partner feel really good.

My New Vegas mod list is as follows:

That's right, it's empty. Vanilla Vegas is perfect.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
MetalCraze said:
After trying to force myself to play this horrible shit I found that using the unins000.exe mod works best.

Skyway said:
Also, if measured (if misguided) praise here and there constitutes spam, what exactly would you call going into every single fucking thread tangentially related to a game that doesn't even specifically address its quality to post "lol banal shit boring" until someone pays attention to you
I don't know. I post only in 2 or 3 such threads at most, ask those people who go into every single one of them and suck game's/dev cock for 10+ pages.

:hmmm:

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
MetalCraze said:
It's not a joke, dear 2011 - 3 days member.
I know it's hard to believe, but trust me, your dick does not get bigger, if you are an older member. There is no reason you should be proud of your 3,5 year old Codex membership.

Silellak

Cipher
Jaesun said:
He just needs to play it 7 more times.

Admiral jimbob said:
MetalCraze said:

Skyway said:
Also, if measured (if misguided) praise here and there constitutes spam, what exactly would you call going into every single fucking thread tangentially related to a game that doesn't even specifically address its quality to post "lol banal shit boring" until someone pays attention to you
I don't know. I post only in 2 or 3 such threads at most, ask those people who go into every single one of them and suck game's/dev cock for 10+ pages.

:hmmm:
You don't mean to tell me skyway of all people is a self-righteous hypocrite?!

Not SKYWAY?!?! :yikes:

thread_double_incliner.png

Texas Red

Whiner
There should be a mod that increases the price of the weapons and armour, removes the experience gained from the kills made by your companions and generally decreases the experience rewards of the quests and kills.

NV is fun but is incredibly easy. I don't understand why Obsidian simply fails at making even slightly difficult games. The appeal of FO 1 and 2 is that the stats actually matter, weapons and armour, at least in the beginning, are hard to get by and the build of your character actually determines his effectiveness at combat.

There is a bullet time one ("DK's Bullt Time", I think). I figure it's useful for people who hate VATS but don't find the controls good enough.

You might also wanna try True Threshold.

Name: Closer To Fallout - True Threshold
Author: Cpl_Facehugger

Description:

This mod changes minimum weapon damage to zero. Previously, when shooting at an armored target, your shots always did a minimum of around ~20% of their damage, even if the target's DT exceeded the weapon's damage. In the original Fallout games, this was not the case. It was possible to shoot a target for 0 damage, and if you were wearing particularly heavy armor, you could be hit for 0 damage, if the weapon was weak enough. This mod brings New Vegas more in line with the original games.

Note, this mod will upset Obsidian's vanilla balance. Heavier armors are now more useful against high-DPS/Low-DAM weapons (ie SMGs), and fighting heavily armored targets with weaker weapons is now quite impossible. Better practice running from those giant radscorpions.

And, of course, Asuka's HUD.

34746-1-1287706054.jpg

34746-1-1287714387.jpg

Jaz said:
if you're looking for an overhaul, then try arwens realism thingy: http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/ ... p?id=34759

as far as I can tell it's modular and adds a bunch of new features into the game.

Looks great, seems to make the game alot harder which is really great, and also make it abit more sensible damage wise. Thanks!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom