Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Essential X3 mods

DriacKin

Arbiter
The recent Freelancer thread gives me the itch to play a good space sim. I've already played all of the great classics like Privateer, Freespace 2, etc...

But, the one game I've never gotten through was X3. I've started it up several times, but always just got bored and quit. This game seems to have a pretty substantial mod community, so I was wondering which ones genuinely make the more enjoyable.
Also, what's Codex's opinion on Terran Conflict?

Ruprekt

Scholar
If you found the game boring then the main thing is to pick terran start and find a walkthrough for the first missions. From those you'll get a lot of 'freebies' and can skip the early part of the game where you're building up your initial capital.

The best mods are AI enhancers which add depth to the races/factions allowing them to make war etc. However since they also potentially break the plot quests it's not a good idea to play with mods as a new player.
--- The exceptions would be a cockpit mod (if that's your thing) and (if you find fps are hurting) the "Combt Mod" which rebalances weapons to lower rate of fire.

For info:

Egosoft maintains a list of all the major mods http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... e48b0a58ad

List of performance helping mods should you need them http://x1tp.com/root/index.php?option=c ... &Itemid=5/

JrK

Prophet
If you are into factory building, download that mod that puts all factories in a TL ship or a big module thing.

I'd also get Combat Mod (I see there is a new version out!) and Ship Rebalance Mod to make more ships/weapons interesting. In vanilla there was an optimal loadout and most ships were strictly inferior to a Nova Prototype.

Tycn

Savant
Ship Rebalance Mod and CMOD4, as mentioned above. Cockpit addon too, the one bundled with SRM is excellent.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom