Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eurogamer Oblivion PS3 Preview - If You Could Call It That

denizsi

Arcane
http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=73385

What is there to say about The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion? What can possibly be left to say about a game that came out about a year ago, wowing the critics (with average review scores of over 90% and a rare 10 out of 10 from Eurogamer), winning about a gazillion game of the year awards, and selling over 3 million copies? That's the problem facing anybody writing a preview of the forthcoming PlayStation 3 conversion of Bethesda's RPG masterpiece, which is due to be released in March to accompany the launch of the console (in advance of a PSP title set in the Elder Scrolls universe which is set to appear later this year, hopefully).

While PC and X360 versions have been reviewed and previewed just about everywhere, is that an excuse to write a ball-sucking article about it while there might be some people PS3 people who are completely new to the game? No criticism at all, no evaluation of game features at all, just a "suck it up bitches: this is teh bset gmae and thats all yuo need to know!1" attitude. For instance, how does it feel with the PS3 controller compared to X360 controller? Was the key mapping comfortable? Were you able to remap the keys? What about game resolution options if any at all? Even after the patches, there are people having technical problems in X360 somehow, did you get to experience anything of the sort at all? In the end, wtf does it take to write a preview -scratch that, any kind of article- in EuroGamer? A "Ubisoft told us that they will give us a comparison screenshot and then they will load the game on a PS3, let us stare at it for 5 seconds and be done with it; that's all we need for a preview" type mentality? Fuck EuroGamer.

Here's hoping they will write a comprehensive review, even though it will be all about how it's best game ever.

Amateur

Novice
su oyunun sslerini her gordugumde bile icimi bir bayginlik hissi kapliyor, cidden oynanabilecek hicbir yani yok, yazik ettiler seriye. Eurogamer da gordugum en yalaka reviewleri yazan site. Salla gitsin.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Amateur said:
su oyunun sslerini her gordugumde bile icimi bir bayginlik hissi kapliyor, cidden oynanabilecek hicbir yani yok, yazik ettiler seriye. Eurogamer da gordugum en yalaka reviewleri yazan site. Salla gitsin.

Sorry, I speak English.

Durwyn

Prophet
JarlFrank said:
Amateur said:

Sorry, I speak English.
He just invocated cockshrink spell on all of Oblivion devs and on those who gave ob a +90% rating.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Durwyn said:
He just invocated cockshrink spell on all of Oblivion devs and on those who gave ob a +90% rating.

Is that even possible, given the average size of their cocks?

At some point you simply can't get smaller.

Amateur

Novice
Durwyn said:
JarlFrank said:
Amateur said:

Sorry, I speak English.

That's right.

The real problem is since it got so much attention, fame, money vs. it will lead other devs to make more mindless arcades like oblivion as rpg's. I hope time will prove me wrong...

Deleted member 7219

I think its disgusting that any game can get a 10/10 rating. There is no such thing as perfection. Not yet, anyway.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom