Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fable: The Pentology or whatever means 5

Kingston

Arcane
I lack the wit to put something hilarious here
"We've got plans for Fable 3, 4, and 5," Molyneux informed GameTrailers. "It's a big story arc, and you can see—if you play Fable 2, you can recognize things from Fable 1, so that's pretty exciting. "

http://www.shacknews.com/

By Fable 5 Molyneux will be far too senile to develop games.

Texas Red

Whiner
If they're expecting the same huge number of sales for Fable 1, they will be disappointed.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
"It's a big story arc, and you can see—if you play Fable 2, you can recognize things from Fable 1, so that's pretty exciting. "

Well, yeah, that's like, so innovative, I mean... it has never been done before! I mean, when you played Half-Life 2, did you recognize anything from the previous game? NO, IT WAS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT! When you played Baldur's Gate 2, was anything in that game similar to its predecessor? NO, THE STORY HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE FIRST GAME AT ALL!

Heck, it's a fucking sequel. Of course you're going to recognize things from the first game in Fable 2. That's what a fucking sequel is about. Saying "HAY GUYS THE SEQUEL OF FABLE HAS THINGS FROM THE FIRST GAME IN IT!" is the weakest hype phrase ever.

Murk

Arcane
this is beyond pathetic, the storyline of fable 1 did not warrant a single sequel let alone 4.

ten bucks says bethesda buys the rights to fable 3, 4, 5, and a spin-off mmorpg/fps hybird.

AzraelCC

Scholar
Let's hope he becomes senile sooner so he can't remember to make promises that his game will be have the best graphics, gameplay and sound, cure AIDS, bring down oil prices, etc...

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Fable 5 will be so innovative , it will be played all by itself, no more of this one-button smashing hindrance. The player will shout either "play" or "stop" and the incredible game AI will do the rest! The super-innovative feature is that the game will also be able to respond to your farting. If the player farts, the in-game character will fart as well ! Since it's difficult for some people to fart at will, the box will include a portable fart-machine.

...so that's pretty exciting !

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
Fable 5 will be so innovative , it will be played all by itself, no more of this one-button smashing hindrance. The player will shout either "play" or "stop" and the incredible game AI will do the rest! The super-innovative feature is that the game will also be able to respond to your farting. If the player farts, the in-game character will fart as well ! Since it's difficult for some people to fart at will, the box will include a portable fart-machine.

...so that's pretty exciting !
But how would the game know when I want to plant an acorn? That's the best part.

Fez

Erudite
It will come with a free webcam. It will watch you. Always.

The Fable games will go further in time until they are in the future. I shit you not, that will be the plan. So they'll all be different in that they are different time periods, beyond that, who's to say.

peak

Scholar
Fez said:
It will come with a free webcam. It will watch you. Always.

[...] with the amazingly innovative function that reacts to the players every stance.

"I always wanted for all players to be able to finish the game and understand that not everyone will want to spend hours mastering the push of the X-buttan," says Molyneaux and proceeds to discuss the implementation of the 'Stance system' the game will use.

"So you see, the system we have developed allows the console to interpret if the player is sitting comfortly in his couch, lying in his be or whatever. What it then does is approximate how interested the player seems to be in the game and translates that to in game movements. Say a player is standing in front of the TV, that means he is obviously interested enough in the game not to just take a viewers stance but to be involved in the game - and that's cool, which is why the character fights very cool, like, on the screen.

"On the other hand, if the player is lying face down in his bed, head turned away from the screen and snoring noises coming from him, he is obviously asleep and not as interested in spending effort into our game. So the game turns the volume and brightness of the game down to what we call 'Sleep Mode' and when the player wakes up again, the character will have finished some parts of the main quest and fought some enemies - all of which quickly will be told to the player through hand signals."

We thank Peter Molyneaux for his time and as we walk home ponders on how we managed to put so much effort into games just a decade ago. Truly, they were different times.

I kinda still like Molyneaux, but he should obviously stay on a 1000 feet distance from RPGs.

Unradscorpion

Arbiter
Why would I want a game to play itself, while I sleep...
Molyneaux is the king of unneeded features no one cares about.

jaylittle

Scholar
Unradscorpion said:
Why would I want a game to play itself, while I sleep...
Molyneaux is the king of unneeded features no one cares about.
He is just the King of Bullshit.

Lets face it people. Ever since Magic Carpet, it's been all downhill for little ole Peter. I mean Fable was amusing. In the two times I played through Lost Chapters, it kept me occupied for a few hours. I can't complain. Well not too much. But god why can't Peter just shut up already?

Think of the hype currently surrounding a game like Spore. Think of how much worse it would be if Peter were responsible for it. Let's just hope Wright can avoid the inevitable disappointment phase that always seems to follow the release phase with Peter.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
He's a Malkavian, as in Batshit Insane.
It's a good thing his dementia is not contagious already.

Mareus

Magister
Poor Peter,... he doesn't even know what he is saying anymore. :(

Well, at least he is not annoying like Todd Howard.

FrancoTAU

Cipher
Molyneaux has built up a lot of good will with all the great games he's made, but i'm flaming him during the Fable 4 hype.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom