Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Fallout 3: GECK released

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Tags: Fallout 3

Bethesda has released the editor for Fallout 3. I wonder when someone mods in something more akin to turn-based combat. You can grab the editor from the <a href="http://fallout.bethsoft.com/eng/downloads/geck.html">Fallout 3 homepage</a> or from <a href="http://www.atomicgamer.com/file.php?id=73721">AtomicGamer</a>.
<br>
<br>
Thanks, <b>zodden</b>!
<br>
Spotted also at <A HREF="http://www.nma-fallout.com/">NMA</A>, from where I took the AtomicGamer link.

francisout

Novice
And you just had to ruin it, didn't you?

Only some heavy modding, close to a total overhaul, would make this game worth buying. I'm not holding my breath. Yes, exploding cars have already been eliminated, and many other things will be fixed and improved over time..but it's going to take a lot more than minor tweaks to make it resemble the originals.

Jaime Lannister

Arbiter
Dicksmoker said:
Someone please add some settlement endings.

From what I'm reading GNR Radio informs you of the consequences to your actions. I could be wrong, I stopped playing after the Museum of Technology.

Turok

Erudite
Who is going to be the looser thats going to lost the time on make a big fix on failout 3??

Poor soul.

Pobre tonto.

I just stop playing it after see that almost all quest end visiting a stupid dungeon (it make me remember something called oblivion, a old game, i guess some of you know about it).

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Jaime Lannister said:
Dicksmoker said:

From what I'm reading GNR Radio informs you of the consequences to your actions. I could be wrong, I stopped playing after the Museum of Technology.

He basically just mentions that you did it. No long-term consequences.

Jaime Lannister

Arbiter
Dicksmoker said:
Jaime Lannister said:
Dicksmoker said:

He basically just mentions that you did it. No long-term consequences.

Tenpenny Towers?

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Didn't really do that quest, but have heard that's one of the few areas that have long-term consequences. Still, don't you have to return to the place in order to see the outcome? What if you have no desire to return? The thing about Fallout 1 and 2's settlement endings was that they were the only way for you to see all the consequences of your actions and still be able to play and explore the world as you wanted to. Because in an open world setting, there's no guaranty about where you'll go. So, Fallout 1 and 2 and Arcanum had the settlement endings. Not sure how Gothic 3 handles this, since I haven't played it yet. In a more linear game, say, The Witcher (in before DU) it's different, because the developers can make specific, scripted events in the storyline where your actions come back at you. But doing such a thing in an open world setting would degrade the setting.

Basically, when Bethesda were going on about their "500 endings" bullshit I though that was just a fancy, next-gen way of saying that the game would have settlement endings. But my reading of the bullshit-omiter was tragically low. They were only referring to the pointless variations of their excessively gay main quest ending. As gay as that ending was, though, it might have been alright with me had they put in some decent settlement endings. Fags. I was mostly enjoying the game up until that point, but it was with the full expectation that I would see how each settlement turned out according to my actions. Now, I can't really see myself playing it again knowing that the game world reacting to my actions basically boils down to some dj asshole talking about me on the radio. Bottom line, the lack of settlement endings in F3 is absolutley its worst aspect, it makes it a shitty game, and the originals would be shitty too had they not had them.

elander_

Arbiter
The editor requires 2GB of ram and one of these new Xsomething graphic cards minimum. I only have 1GB of ram and i'm happy with a Radeon 9600. Not going to spend a load of money upgrading just to use a game editor i have a bad experience with before.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom