Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Fallout: Project Brazil, my Review

Dumbfuck
Codex 2012
Total shit, don't even bother downloading

Dumbfuck
Codex 2012
No clue, I'm not gonna play to find out

Basically:
- two character archetypes (nerd and athlete), very first choice you get
- pre-selected skill tags (melee, unarmed and speech)
- special points handed out free (+3/-1 pts 10 seconds into the game, +1 CHR for picking persuasive dialog choices... which you could only pick from already having high CHR)
- characters out of some teen sitcom
- dialog skill checks that you get punished for passing
- fake dialog choices (go thru until you exhausted everything and pick the right 'end')
- a million NPCs just milling around you can only say 'hello' / 'goodbye' to, lockers filled with tin cans / coffee mugs / toy cars
- main intro quest can be broken (not completable)
- some stupid story about mysterious orphan past that was making my head hurt

edit: Brazil is a good film, I don't think this mod is

Delterius

Arcane

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Post-Apoc São Paulo
cracolandia_NELSON%20ANTOINE_FOTOARENA_AE_TL.jpg

age20130611444.jpg

I never saw the Pre-Apoc São Paulo.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Tho mod is a waste of time, both for players and modders who spent 4 years creating it.

Seerix

Arbiter
This mod has very unpleasant halfassed feeling to it that made me really surprised when they actually did release something. And they claim that Vault part is finished save for a few fixes when half of it is inaccessible and the other half is literally falling apart. Most of the scenes after the dream sequence can be easily broken or won't start at all and there's entire reactor area in the Vault that serves no purpose whatsoever even though you can interact with stuff in there and it and all those "inaccessible" doors have no explanation anywhere. It's more like alpha build test than any actual release :roll:

All things considered it's a total piece of shit, especially if compared to much better and actually complete mods like Beyond Boulder Dome, New Vegas Bounties or The Inheritance. And those are fucking awesome. ;)

Delterius

Arcane
Yeah, but this one doesn't have enough ghouls, ruins and scattered technology!

Ghouls? See the Cracolândia picture.

Scattered technology? That's merely realistic. Its Brasil, we rent technology from other places. As in, buy stuff, forget it somewhere and then buy it again.

Ruins? You're kidding, right? Is Belém do Pará some sort of south american Eurotopia? Did the Fordlândia never actually cease and you guys move your capital there?

Delterius

Arcane
images

Just write 'Goiânia' on google. Its literally the first search suggestion.

Also, the brazilian apocalypse in action.

BueiroExplode1.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom