Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview FF vs Third Reich interview at GameBanshee

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Tags: Freedom Force versus the Third Reich; Irrational Games

<a href=http://www.gamebanshee.com>GameBanshee</a> has posted an <a href=http://www.gamebanshee.com/interviews/freedomforcevsthethirdreich.php>interview</a> with <a href=http://www.myfreedomforce.com>FF vs the Third Reich</a>'s <b>Ken Levine</b>. Nothing new and exciting is revealed, other then the fact that they "borrowed a lot of plotting paradigms from Buffy the Vampire Slayer".
<br>
<br>
<blockquote><b>Tell us about the new Gamebryo engine you're using for the sequel. What graphical enhancements can we expect over the original game?</b>
<br>
<br>
Thanks to Gamebryo, we’ve been able to improve the look and performance of FFvTTR by leaps and bounds over the original. We’re able to do fantastic things with lighting that we couldn’t imagine before. We can add tons more objects to the levels. Details, details, details. We’re swimming in our newfound creative freedom. There are also some unannounced rendering tchotchkes that will knock your socks off.</blockquote>
<br>
Hopefully these tchotchkes won't replace the gameplay elements of the original game.
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>

Spazmo

Erudite
Well geez, Greenskin, Manbot did kinda exist the conventional space tiem continuum in the first one. Wouldn't make much sense to have him come back--who'd custode the universe?

Whipporowill

Erudite
I liked Manbot too, although I didn't find him all that useful. Bullet was THE premier choice in any mission for me. Come to think of it, I actually have had him as my desktop thingie since prior to release of FF!! OMG.

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
I haven't finished it yet, and i appear to have just been spoiled in some storyline element.

Still, it sucks that he's gone. Don't tell me they're including Sea Urchin...

Whipporowill

Erudite
Never EVER read a news post or article about a game you're currently playing RP, you amateur. Luckily it's not a big spoiler... really. Not like naming the bad guy in a mystery or something.

Now shoo. And don't come back to this thread, y'hear?

Voss

Erudite
Oh, come on RP. Sea Urchin was the best character in the entire game. Not only cute and perky, but could absolutely slaughter robotic enemies.

Anonymous

Manowar did it better, and my favorite hero was Microwave. He was just cool as cool can be.

Voss

Erudite
LlamaGod said:
Manowar did it better, and my favorite hero was Microwave. He was just cool as cool can be.

Time travelling robots are so lame.

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Whipporowill said:
Never EVER read a news post or article about a game you're currently playing RP, you amateur.

Well, considering the title reads Freedom Force vs The Third Reich instead, and i'm not playing that one, since it's obviously not out yet, i didn't think there were many odds of me stumbling on a spoiler. But then again, it's not like it's ruined the game really.

Whipporowill

Erudite
Truth is stranger than ficition. Heard that one of Cpt Americas old ww2 pals in the "All-winners" (all-wieners?) team was named "the Whizzer". He consequently got the boot when they were renamed the Invaders. But still, the "WHIZZER"? I don't even want to start thinking about his super powers...

Irrational should have a bad guy called the Mathemagician. Now that'd be cool.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
There were a lot of references to poor old Whizzer in one of the X-Men cartoon series episodes, sometime in the later seasons. He, along with the rest of the All-winners (except Captain America himself) were all a bunch of crotchety old folks, forgotten by society. Whizzer said something like "Back in my day, my name meant ... (I forget what he said) but nowadays it carries a whole different meaning to you kids." and they showed some stupid kids making fun of his name.

mr. lamat

Liturgist
the octogenerian weiners all had keys that unlocked some military facility... i believe the one that created the red skull and capt. assmunch. the red skull was hunting them down so he could step back into the machine and finally become powerful enough to stomp on his arch-rival.

the whizzer could run really fast, if i remember correctly.

sea urchin was awesome. she's the personification of 40-50's pulp fiction and comic books, which is the spirit of this game. i'm sick of wolverine's lament and angst. fuck lobo's ultraviolence... there's as interesting as mcfarlane's work now. shiny, happy superhero's were of a different time and it's was really nice to step back into that world. given the fact she was also twelve in the first game and hadn't come to terms with her full powers, she's gonna pound righteous amounts of nazi ass this time around.

given the fact that manbot was a ticking timebomb waiting to level an entire city, i don't think having him return was a reasonable expectation.

i could also do without minuteman, for purely esthetic reasons.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom