Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Flashbacks and shit...

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
So I picked up a copy of Spellforce a couple weeks back for like $5. Figured what the hell. I'm not a big fan of RTS games, but I do play some from time to time. Especially the ones that have RPGish elements or tycoon elements to them.

Anyways, I didn't get around to playing it because I was busy with Dungeon Siege 2. Well, finally finished that game and now I've been playing SF. To be honest, I really like it. It's been a blast so far. It's got two things I love in a game: exploration (and tons of goodies to be found for those who really explore) and a paper doll system. Playing dress up while trapseing about the wilderness just kicks ass. :P

So, I'm on the third map I believe and I'm doing this quest where I have to rescue the elf babes from the big bad goblins. I build myself up and start marching my hero and thirty troops over to go persuade the goblins to die. I'm coming down this long winding trail and come around the corner to see a fucking tidal wave of goblins and orcs coming my way. Instantly I was flown back in time to my days with Starcraft. Beyond the first wave was not only another wave, but TWO of them. Big masses of goblin flesh just hauling ass my way. I totally expected to get a message from the AI saying something like "ZERG RUSH KEKEKEKEKE!!!!"

Funny thing is, I didn't lose a single man in the skirmishes to follow. Goblins are definitely NOT Zerg. But it was a nice little flashback to the RTS days of old.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Starcraft is an old game now? Did somebody release a better game that I missed?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom