Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Gamer's Hell Previews Dungeon Siege II

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Tags: Dungeon Siege 2; Gas Powered Games

Gamer's Hell has written up a <a href=http://www.gamershell.com/articles/892.html>preview</a> of Dungeon Siege II that covers all the usual bases. A snippet:
<br>
<blockquote>With all of the anticipation of Dungeon Siege II, my thought before starting to play this preview build was that it would be hard for DS2 to live up to my expectations.
<br>
<br>
At first glance, this upcoming title looked almost exactly like the first with a few tweaks to the graphics engine, but as I became drawn into the game I noticed the real difference the storyline and game play is amazing. Yes, the graphics are good, but if there is no plot no game play ... then whats the point?</blockquote>
<br>
Read the rest and you'll figure out that what they're trying to convey is that the game has an actual plot and actual gameplay. I suppose I'll have to see that for myself, when the Beta starts this 25th. Anyone signed up to the DSII Mailing List is given a free permit and a 10 day FilePlanet account, so be sure to sign up if you're interested. If you're not interested, good for you. We don't need to hear about it.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Yes, you do. DS2 will likely suck just like the original. Of course, I won't know this until it is in the bargain bin and it'll be worth the risk.

I would rather break my own don't 'buy over the net' rule to purchase VD's game and BIO's modules than waste time with such junk known as DS2.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
You haven't played it yet, so how would you know? Now, this isn't the same as saying "FOBOS IS AWESOME, YOU'VE NOT PLAYED IT YET." I'm inclined to give Chris Taylor a little benefit of the doubt. He did, after all, deliver Total Annihilation.

Guess we'll see later, because I got myself into the beta.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"You haven't played it yet, so how would you know?"

I played DS1. I thoguht it sucked. However, it was successful so I seriously doubt that they're gonna make any major changes just to please me or any other Codexer. That be dumb on their part.

"He did, after all, deliver Total Annihilation."

A game I have never played nor have any intention to.

"FOBOS IS AWESOME"

I wouldn't go that far; but it was a decent action title. Yeah, yeah. I know I'm in the minority. It sure beats FOT.

Avin

Liturgist
why people keep talking about DSII in the codex? why? why? why??????? *explodes*

Fez

Erudite
We can let in everything now, and in a few years we can just begin the Reconquista and take what we want and banish the rest. We will then live in our wonderful and pure RPG paradise.

Ellester

Liturgist
Let’s just admit the codex is an affiliate of Gas Powered Games. DS2 gets covered here as much or more than of the other gaming news sites.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom