Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Global Conflict Blue 2 Updated

Jason

chasing a bee
<strong>[ Free Game ]</strong>

<p><strong><a href="http://www.gcblue2.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page" target="_blank">Global Conflict Blue 2</a></strong>, a free real-time air & naval warfare sim, has received an overhaul with version 1.0.6. Here's some of the changes:</p><blockquote><p> Simulation improvements
- Improved damage model -- Added more general damage model with physical effects like blast, fragmentation, kinetic energy, etc.
- Larger damage footprints -- Support for area effects of single warhead nuclear missiles, bombs, torpedoes
- Air-to-air guns -- Improved the sim to handle air-to-air guns and also better model for ship point defense guns
-Smart bombs -- Sim models for GPS and laser guided bombs and wing kits,previously the sim would only handle unguided gravity bombs
- Aerial refueling -- In-flight refueling with tankers
- Air formations -- Basic air formations now possible (mainly to support refueling)
- Chaff/flare countermeasures
- Approximate ranging for passive detections
- Radar Warning Receiver (RWR) ESM model for rapid alerts vs threat radars
- Line of sight/terrain masking calculation for sensors </p></blockquote><p>Head <a href="http://www.wargamer.com/forums/tm.aspx?high=&m=257601&mpage=1#310832" target="_blank">here</a> for the full details and the download. </p><p>Spotted @ <a href="http://www.wargamer.com/">The Wargamer</a></p>

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
No have you? From the screens it looks like it's inspired by SC2. But what I know is that the subsim community is pretty lenient when it comes to indy games, and if no one plays this, there must be some reason.

My feeling is the dude bit off more than he could chew, I would certainly not give the advice to take on such a project single handedly. Even in the unlikely case that you succeed it could ruin your life.

Well I might eventually take the pain to install it if I have time and more information about the software.

However I find Danger from the Deep a much more interesting project. Ir looked and ran pretty well when I installed an older version.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom