Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Management / Sim Siege Survival: Gloria Victis - survival management in a besieged castle

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

https://af.gog.com/game/siege_survival_gloria_victis?as=1649904300
https://af.gog.com/game/siege_survival_gloria_victis_prologue?as=1649904300

ss_95ba179a6be22768d70087dcdfa25bdcd642bd4c.1920x1080.jpg

ss_261607a2460bef047ae28fe4001d1ac76082368d.1920x1080.jpg

Inspired by This War of Mine, based on the world of MMORPG Gloria Victis. This is a singleplayer only game.

siege_gif_2_endure.gif

THESE WALLS CAN’T FALL
Gloria Victis: Siege is a survival resource management game in the style of This War of Mine, set in the medieval world of Gloria Victis.

Your homeland is drowning in war and chaos. As a group of civilians trapped under siege, you’ll face the ordeal of surviving the invasion. Though you do not participate in the fighting, the castle’s fate is in your hands.

Support the last soldiers standing against overwhelming enemy forces. Craft supplies and manage your resources during the day, and scavenge through the fallen city during the night. You must stand until the rescue comes!
ENDURE THE SIEGE
You must support the soldiers with weapons and provisions. The wounded and sick also demand your care. But your resources are limited. You must find ways to preserve food, and develop your infrastructure to use your supplies more effectively.

siege_gif_4_crafting_building_v3.gif

SCAVENGE THE FALLEN CITY
Take the risk of sneaking into the fallen city plundered by the invaders. Under the cover of the night, you can find precious resources, trade with scavengers and other low-lifes, and help the surviving citizens – or exploit them. But be careful, enemy patrols keep watching the streets. You’re no warrior, so a fight is always the worst option. You must be smart to remain unseen... and alive.

siege_gif_5_scavenge.gif

MAKE DECISIONS, FACE THE OUTCOME
In a war like this, one dilemma might lead to another and no decision is clearly good or clearly bad. One person’s survival may come at the cost of another’s death, no matter if he’s friend or family. Sacrifices must be made – with no guarantee they’ll pay off. In these desperate circumstances, however, survival means more than just staying alive, as morale is paramount. When you have to choose between sustaining the soldiers’ strength and taking care of your own survival, what will you sacrifice?

siege_gif_3_decisions.gif

YOUR BACK AGAINST THE WALL
A messenger had cut through the enemy lines to bring back reinforcements, but it will take weeks before help arrives. You’ll face hunger, wounds, diseases, and despair – but also the growing tensions between the civilians and the last defenders of the city. The soldiers won’t hold for long without your support and if the defense falls, the invaders will have no mercy. The odds are against you – what will you do to survive?

siege_gif_1_walls.gif

TELL YOUR OWN STORY
Gloria Victis: Siege is developed on a game editor platform we created with the goal of sharing it with the modding community along with the game itself – at the release if possible, or later as a free DLC. It will allow you to create new scenarios for the game from scratch and expand the universe of Gloria Victis with your own unique ideas and stories!

Last edited by a moderator:

Jogobogos

Black Eye Games
Developer
Hello everyone,

My name is Jan and I am the owner of Black Eye Games company - publisher of Gloria Victis: Siege and developer of Gloria Victis: MMORPG. I am pretty much a long time lurker in here, but on behalf of Gloria Victis: Siege developers (FishTankStudios) I feel that that's the place we could potentially get the best feedback possible about our game.
When the idea of a Resources Management / Survival Strategy on the besieged castle came in by one of our team members, it was no brainer that it is something we should help to happen. We’ve got a pretty strong list of inspirations on our own, including This War of Mine, Banner Saga, Frostpunk, Stronghold, Don't Starve, Rimworld, Banished, Northgard and Oxygen Not Included - and of course Gloria Victis world. Also, it was a clear choice to hire Marcin Przybyłowicz (Witcher 3) as a composer, as emotions are a big part of our game.

If someone would be interested in our social media I would like to invite to follow our Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GloriaVictisSiege/ and wishlist the game on the Steam https://store.steampowered.com/app/1167140/Gloria_Victis_Siege/

I hope it wouldn't be an indiscretion if I will return to you on that topic with news about our game and reply to questions or feedback.

thesecret1

Arcane
I played the demo – why is the text after each battle in Turkish? The game seemed pretty promising, though it felt kind of too easy to lose the enemies once they spotted me. Not much more to say, really – the demo's pretty short, showing This War of Mine in isometric view and with more stuff to manage

Jogobogos

Black Eye Games
Developer
Hello everyone,

We have just released the second version of our demo after getting all of the previous feedback, feel invited to check it up :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Steam says this comes out on the 18th. It certainly looks interesting enough.

Greetings, survivors!

As we already know the exact date of the Siege Survival release, we cannot wait for the upcoming Tuesday, when you will be able to fully dive into the immersive experience we prepared for you and when you take control of besieged civilians on their last stand.

1efec03c0f508e6408536ee257394c31c1b131cf.png

The upcoming days is the best time to get back to the Prologue and ensure a headstart that will allow you to continue your gameplay in the full version of the game. After today's update, the saves from the Demo and Prologue (both have the same content) will be fully compatible with the full game, so after release, you will be able to continue your journey without needing to start from square one. Pretty convenient, right?

It is absolutely worth checking the Demo version of the game one more time, since we made ALOT of user experience improvements, introduced many new features, and reworked some of the old ones following your suggestions and feedback. You will be positively surprised how the game evolved and how much better it is now, thanks to you and our team efforts.

We are very proud and thankful for your continuous support and cheering for us. As a small thanks and also as a little preview, we are happy to share with you one more track from our stunning Siege Survival soundtrack, created by the world-famous duo Marcin Przybyłowicz and Magdalena Ubrańska.

We hope this beautiful piece of music will sweeten the waiting through those few days that we need to wait until the release day.

Till then, stay safe!

thesecret1

Arcane
It was alright I guess. A bit lacking in mechanics and small in scope, but the design was tight enough to make it fun.

ADL

Prophet
Hope this sells well. I'd love for little side games like this to subsidize whatever Gloria Victis MMORPG may or may not be making as it's a pretty niche game.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
This is a hell of a lot less gloomy than This War of Mine, at least.

Joggerino

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
It's not a bad game, it's just completely inferior to this war of mine. My biggest problem is the third person camera which makes night exploration really annoying.

Alfgart

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I finished it in easy mode, and it was indeed pretty ez. Normal mode is too unforgiving if you don't upgrade buildings in the correct order and such. Enjoyed the game, I liked it more than TWoM because it was not trying to make me feel like shit at every step.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom