Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Deus Ex Gnidrologist vs CyberP on Deus Ex

Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted
Even in a website like this, people who cross the line eventually get their just punishment, quite a few obnoxious members here have got banned or confined to a special section of the forum. If all else fails, check where you went wrong, back off, try consulting a good moderator about what happened, and/or set up a private messaging chain with a few people if you don't want others to respond.

You couldn't be more wrong. There is little that is just and reasonable with how the administrative dictatorship operates. DU is like Kim Jong Un's distant cousin that's also a gamer who created his own website, or something. I got "prosperized" for "being too whiny": making a valid complaint about the operation of the dictatorship, that is. In the site feedback sub-forum no less. It is pure insanity and if you disagree with it you've just got to deal with it or leave.
Take a look in the site feedback sub-forum or general discussion. They often make retardoland look normal.

Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted
Well, Noddy, it isn't the end of the world, that's for sure.
I mostly stay for this (or this if you prefer).

Dev_Anj

Learned
You couldn't be more wrong. There is little that is just and reasonable with how the administrative dictatorship operates. DU is like Kim Jong Un's distant cousin that's also a gamer who created his own website, or something. I got "prosperized" for "being too whiny": making a valid complaint about the operation of the dictatorship, that is. In the site feedback sub-forum no less. It is pure insanity and if you disagree with it you've just got to deal with it or leave.
Take a look in the site feedback sub-forum or general discussion. They often make retardoland look normal.

All I was saying is that quite a few obnoxious members of this website have got banned or confined to a section of the forum eventually. I wasn't talking about your case. This forum has circlejerks, for sure, but even then people do appreciate a well thought out argument. Of course, you'll usually get some people who disagree and write smartass posts or twist the points you make, but as always, you can ignore their posts or report those posts if they're too bad.

Anyway, if you want to meet reasonable members in the staff, start with JarlFrank. He may appear to be an average poster of this forum, but trust me, he's actually quite pleasant to talk to, and can understand opposing viewpoints.

Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted
Anyway, if you want to meet reasonable members in the staff, start with JarlFrank. He may appear to be an average poster of this forum, but trust me, he's actually quite pleasant to talk to, and can understand opposing viewpoints.

Well, I'm not really one to stand for such things anymore after my ruthless "retarded bashing" behavior in this thread. I've scaled down to the level expected of members after prolonged exposure. I do also appreciate the freedom to speak one's mind, but that often seems to result in a decline into ape antics and idiocy. And that's exactly what it is; decline.

There's not even true freedom here anyway. I've witnessed a day one banning (4 posts made) of a guy with a serious affinity to popamole. The place doesn't stand for freedom but the interests of the administrative dictatorship. Just exactly what said interests may be beyond the monetizing of Codexian pawns, mass drama and the infamous Star Stable database I do not know.

Mackerel

Augur
Blessed are the Droglodytes.

-Qwinn

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom