Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Goddammit Atari are such fucking assholes

Lumpy

Arcane
http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/sh ... p?t=643929
Basically, Atari claimed that NWN2 Gold was going to contain a Mysteries of Westgate key. Then they scratched the MoW part, without changing the price or announcing anyone.
What the fuck?

pkt-zer0

Scholar
Lumpy said:
Then they scratched the MoW part, without changing the price or announcing anyone.
Oh, fun. I should've waited a bit more before importing NWN2 Gold, it seems. Hopefully it'll still have MotB by the time it arrives. :roll:

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Then they scratched the MoW part, without changing the price or announcing anyone."

According to that thread, they did change the price.

Lumpy

Arcane
Volourn said:
"Then they scratched the MoW part, without changing the price or announcing anyone."

And according to some people, that's bullshit. Whether it's true or not, it certainly doesn't apply to pre-orders made before the chance.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Volourn said:

then again it isn't a secret that Infogrames are being lying douchebags for like over a decade now, even before they bought the Atari name.

Saxon1974

Prophet
My favorite part is when you email them for support and they never respond. I emailed 2 or 3 times to differente suppot emails of theirs and not one of them responded.

I guess its the joys of when companies get too big.

ushdugery

Scholar
just bitch loudly on the devs forums about their publisher like everyone else you'll still be getting screwed but hopefully you can disenfranchise some other people at the same time

DemonKing

Arcane
Saxon1974 said:
My favorite part is when you email them for support and they never respond. I emailed 2 or 3 times to differente suppot emails of theirs and not one of them responded.

I guess its the joys of when companies get too big.

Or in Atari's case - maybe they just can't afford to pay anyone to man customer service any more?

WalterKinde

Scholar
Those sons of bitches got some ballz don't they?
False advertising , bait and switch.
From reading the thread in the forum , it looks like if you bought early aka release day, you are fucked , the stores are under no obligation to give you back credit for the reduced price atari is now selling the game at and also they (Atari) have no plans to honor the pledge of getting the addon if you were one of those who can't return the game or get a discount after purchase.
Funny the game seems to have had a 10 dollar/9.99 dollar drop in price but somehow i doubt the addon will be 10 dollars, probably more like 19.99 or 24.95
Like someone said in the thread "NWN 2: The Quest for more Money"

Saxon1974

Prophet
WalterKinde said:
Those sons of bitches got some ballz don't they?
False advertising , bait and switch.
From reading the thread in the forum , it looks like if you bought early aka release day, you are fucked , the stores are under no obligation to give you back credit for the reduced price atari is now selling the game at and also they (Atari) have no plans to honor the pledge of getting the addon if you were one of those who can't return the game or get a discount after purchase.
Funny the game seems to have had a 10 dollar/9.99 dollar drop in price but somehow i doubt the addon will be 10 dollars, probably more like 19.99 or 24.95
Like someone said in the thread "NWN 2: The Quest for more Money"

You know there are things that happen like this from time to time that make me think that a lawsuit might might be valid, but you know why it never happens? Because consumers and average joe's don't have the money to have a prayer of even competing with a huge companies lawyers in court. Not to mention these big corps usually have a legal team that makes sure their asses are covered...

Im telling ya, smaller companies are much much better.....

I remember when dungeon lords came out many gamers were calling for a lawsuit for false advertising since there were many things advertised simply missing from the game and then they have the gall to release a collectors edition but you dont get the missing content unless you buy the game again. But again, who has the money to pay to hire a lawyer and fight one of these big companies? Not me.

And then we here dungeon lords sold over a million copies world wide, just wow.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Atari is fucked up in too many ways to mention. Years ago I thought about buying one of those t-shirts with the logo cause the logo rocks and atari was oldskool cool. Nowadays everything but the logo is raped into oblivion. Shame really.

Lumpy

Arcane
Of course, a lawsuit isn't possible, but don't Americans have some organization that protects the customers against that kind of crap? Or would that be too communist?

Sodomy

Scholar
Uh, I bought a copy of NWN2 gold a few weeks back, and never on the box does it advertise MoW. In fact, it explicitly says that it contains TWO campaigns, and says that it has NWN2 and MoTB.

In other words, anyone who has a problem here either:
A. Preordered, always a dumb thing to do

or

B. READING IS TEH HARD!!!

J1M

Arcane
Pre-ordering is stupid. Hope you learned your lesson for being stupid.

WalterKinde

Scholar
Well its not a matter of pre-ordering.
The game was out for like 2wks or more before they acknowledged they were going to fuck over the consumer.
So its not like 10,000 peopled preordered the game and 24hrs before the game ships they made the announcement of not getting MoW winth NWN2 Gold.
The promise was buy NWN2 Gold and get MoW as a free download when it gets released in addition to MoTB which ships with NWN2 Gold.

Armacalypse

Scholar
So they practically bought it and then the publisher refused to give it to them?

I wonder what counts as scamming in this business. Shitting in a box and labeling it Fallout 3? (Well I guess that's what Bethesda is doing anyway)

Thrasher

Erudite
I hope to God that someone sues Atar's ass for this, and they burn down, and are eliminated from this world for the bad case of giardia they are.

It's about time the DnD franchise got a half-way decent publisher (if one exists)...

fudge anyone?

BearBomber

Scholar
Cheating clienst is not wrong because nothing physical is being taken from an inventory.

WalterKinde

Scholar
Thats probably true BearBomber however , the fact that Atari reduced the price of NWN2 Gold and then have no plan to reimburse the people who paid full price for NWN2 Gold under the premise that MoW would be available to them as a addon i see as a fuck over.
The Store you bought it from is under no obligation to give you credit for the now reduced price and Atari doesn't plan to or even offer as a halfway gesture either the full version of MoW for free or at a discount when it ships.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom