Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Good NWN2 modules?

deuxhero

Arcane
Seeing as how I am about to finish up NWNOC soon (Thank ****ing god, so painful) I am wondering if there are any good modules out, preferably ones that are compatible with Kaedrin and Reeron combined HAK and Tony Ks AI.

edit:comments suggest Pool of Radiance Remastered works with Tony Ks AI, DLing now. Stilll looking for other moduals (The Subtlety of Thay seems good, anyone know about compaitiblitys?)

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Pool of Radiance Remastered is NOT compatible with AI mods (Well Chapter 2 won't work) READ THE READ ME for it.

I found Pool of Radiance Remastered... neat. I don't think it was really that good of a mod.

Harp & Chrysanthemum I found great. Well written and well done. I *believe* you can play with AI mods for it (but not sure).

Asphyxia is also pretty good, and it should also work with any AI mods.

Moonshadows - Chapter One was one of my favorite mods. It is a SOLO adventure, and I *believe* I played it with just Tony K's AI + Charlies UI with no problems.

Lastly PLAY MASK OF THE BETRAYER. It works just fine with Tony K's AI (And makes it more bearable to play). You you actually stop everything and run to the store and buy and play it right now. It's that good.

Rhett Butler

Scholar
I played the start of Dark Waters when it was first released. I found the story and setting quite compelling, but I gave up in frustration due to bugs. That was a while ago though, so give it a go.

Edit: No idea if it's compatible with those mods though.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
How many threads do we need asking about NWN1, and NWN2 modules? LMAO

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Volourn said:
How many threads do we need asking about NWN1, and NWN2 modules? LMAO

preferably ones that are compatible with Kaedrin and Reeron combined HAK and Tony Ks AI.

Most (Not all) NWN2 mods will not work with what he asked for. I thought that was fairly explanatory from his post. Or did you miss that?

Volourn

Pretty Princess
He could have asked the same question in the other threads. Not a big deal, of course, but just funny.

deuxhero

Arcane
What exactly cause Tony Ks AI to break the scripts? Would turning off some features work? Woiuld any issues ariise from removeing said mods?

And I have played MotB before I finished the OC (Only thing that made the gold ed not a complete waste of money)

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
deuxhero said:
What exactly cause Tony Ks AI to break the scripts? Would turning off some features work? Woiuld any issues ariise from removeing said mods?

For example, Pool of Radiance Remastered has an altered "Listening" script which alters the way monsters listen/look for you. IF you have Tony K's AI this breaks the altered script included in the mod, in that it will ignore the altered script required for the mod and be forced to use Tony K's. There are no options you can turn off in Tony K's AI to not make it break, you can only completely remove it from your override folder for the mod to work.

I usually make a post and ask if the specific mod I want to play will work with Tony K's AI before trying it. Not many mods include altered AI behavior, but if they do, playing with Tony K's AI will break them.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
That was eons ago. Obviously, I FAILED. :cry: :cry: :cry:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom