Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Good Old Games Beta

mytgroo

Scholar
I joined the beta for Good Old Games http://www.gog.com . They must be related to Gog and Magog because I can't get the password they gave me to test the beta to work. Anyone else having trouble with this thing.

bossjimbob

Liturgist
No problems so far. I got the beta invite a couple of months ago but only created my account on Friday. Was able to buy and download a game (Sacrifice) without issue. I then got my email code for a free Interplay title so I nabbed Fallout 2.

I haven't installed the games yet, so I don't know what issues, if any, they'll have running on Vista. But the transaction process was relatively smooth.

I was a little confused at the order of operations, because I thought that when I got the beta confirm email I created an account, but that wasn't the case. I think you have to create a new account using the same email you used to sign up for the beta. I don't recall using any code at that point. In fact, it wasn't until I was emailed the code for the free game that I used any code at all. You paste that in the coupon code field so that you're not charged for the bonus game.

Good luck.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom