Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Grand Theft Auto VI - PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S (2025)

SlamDunk

Arcane
I greatly enjoyed the gameplay of Grand Theft Auto V. Especially the shooting, driving and flying mechanics... using keyboard and mouse, it has to be mentioned.

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
I forgot you're the guy posting the bong youtubers. Yeah seems plausible.

i+love+you+too+hd+wallpaper+(7).jpg

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
BUSTED?

On the evening of Thursday 22 September 2022, the City of London Police arrested a 17-year-old in Oxfordshire on suspicion of hacking, as part of an investigation supported by the NCA_UK’s National Cyber Crime Unit (NCCU). He remains in police custody.

orcinator

Liturgist
BUSTED?

On the evening of Thursday 22 September 2022, the City of London Police arrested a 17-year-old in Oxfordshire on suspicion of hacking, as part of an investigation supported by the NCA_UK’s National Cyber Crime Unit (NCCU). He remains in police custody.

This is just some dude who hacked his school facebook account to say nigger.

CHEMS

Scholar
GTA is a dead franchise and Kikestar's just kicking its corpse

:deadhorse:
it's dead like Fast & Furious is dead
it exists but it's not for you, it's made for the hordes pajeets and spicolas
Pretty much. Hard to believe the same guys who made GTA IV are the same ones that "LMAO HEY CHECK IT OUT MOAR FLYING SKATEBOARDS FOR ONLY 9.99"

Seriously man... Even GTA V singleplayer was dumbed down. Sure GTA always had that edgy thing in it's writings, but at least it has some depth. GTA V was just zoomer shit.

JDR13

Arcane
GTA is a dead franchise and Kikestar's just kicking its corpse

:deadhorse:
it's dead like Fast & Furious is dead
it exists but it's not for you, it's made for the hordes pajeets and spicolas
Pretty much. Hard to believe the same guys who made GTA IV are the same ones that "LMAO HEY CHECK IT OUT MOAR FLYING SKATEBOARDS FOR ONLY 9.99"

Seriously man... Even GTA V singleplayer was dumbed down. Sure GTA always had that edgy thing in it's writings, but at least it has some depth. GTA V was just zoomer shit.
You say that as if GTA IV was good. I thought it was pretty much crap.

Codex Year of the Donut
I find this act of "solidarity" interesting, mostly because it's used as an opportunity for self promotion or as a promotion for the poster's work/project.

I like how they're all saying the quote wrong. Every single one of them, no exaggeration, check for yourself:

https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/graphics-are-the-first-thing-finished-in-a-video-game
49b.jpg

I don't see how they're refuting his point though. They're posting very early builds or levels being actively worked on.
see:

Sea of Thieves didn't release for another 4 years, it began development in 2014.
Guess what else (reportedly) entered development in 2014? GTA 6.

The kneejerk reaction to defend other developers has become cultlike on social media.

As a tangent, perhaps it's not such a good thing that devs insist that graphics are added near the end. You know, the thing that can make games run a lot slower than a bunch of boxes and capsules? Yeah, maybe getting that in earlier is actually kind of important for performance tuning reasons and maybe explain why your games run like shit?

Last edited:

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
I never actually finished GTA5.

After the initial wow of the graphics and details, I couldn't think of any reason to keep playing after a certain point. The fun didn't scale with the increasing progression of the scale of the missions, the side missions were boring, the freedom was largely taken away from the player on the interesting missions.

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
I've watched a couple of San Andreas speedrunners talk about not being impressed GTA 5 because of the lack of freedom to complete missions in fun ways. Part of the fun in San Andreas is figuring out interesting ways of completing missions outside of what the developers intended.

gerey

Arcane
Zionist Agent
The dumbass could have at least released a working binary before he got arrested.
The fuckwit should just have leaked the whole thing online, now that would have made Rockstar feel the burn. He had both the source code for GTA V and VI, and would have costed them billions, and led to amazing fan projects down the line.

Reminds me of another massive dumbfuck that got his hands on the Starcraft source code, and instead of doing the sane thing he sent the CD with the data back to Blizzard and got gifted a bunch of worthless Overwatch shit. Would it surprise anyone that the guy was a redditor?

Meanwhile the anon that got his hands on the Duke Nukem Forever sourcecode launched that thing onto the internet, no fucks given, and it has lead to a shitload of fan projects spawning to bring a proper version of DNF to the public.

The kneejerk reaction to defend other developers has become cultlike on social media.
Why are you surprised? Most gamedevs nowadays are liberals who worship at the altar of Cultural Marxism, and are a massively incestuous, insular community based in urban leftist strongholds.

The fun didn't scale with the increasing progression of the scale of the missions, the side missions were boring, the freedom was largely taken away from the player on the interesting missions.
That's been a thing with Rockstar games since GTA IV at least - they are so committed to muh realism that they suck out all the fun out of their games. RDR2 is a very egregious example - besides the woke, cucked narrative, the game actively punishes you for actually playing or trying to experiment.

Admittedly, this has been an issue with GTA mission designs since GTA III, or even earlier. The games don't usually account for different approaches to completing missions, unless it's an oversight by the developers. III, VC and SA masked it better usually, and offered a plethora of side content to distract the player from how liner and limited the missions actually were, from IV onwards Rockstar really started huffing their own farts and thought they were making the new Wire, instead of a thug simulator.

lycanwarrior

Scholar

GTA 6 TO FEATURE ‘CRIME-FREE’ MODE:​

https://insider-gaming.com/gta-6-crime-free/

There are early rumours that special, bonus mini-missions will appear when the mode is activated, allowing players to help old folks across the road, carry people’s groceries for them, or offer to tie someone’s loose shoelaces.

Soys Row 2.0, I can't wait!

:deadtroll:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom