Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Information Grim Dawn Kickstarter: Two-Handed Melee Weapons Are In, 17 Hours To Go

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Tags: Crate Entertainment; Grim Dawn; Kickstarter

Crate Entertainment's "open world ARPG" Grim Dawn has gathered over $450,000 via Kickstarter already, which means "savage two-handed melee weapons" are now in. The next stretch goal of $465,000, which will add an "additional end-game boss," does not look too far away either and should be more than reachable in the 17 hours remaining for the Kickstarter to run.

An even higher $480,000 mark promises a whole new location that also includes a new faction and quest lines:

New survivor town hidden in the remote wilderness for you to discover. Will include a new faction group and new quest-lines to unlock once you've gained their trust.​

So if you want open world-ness and factions in your ARPG, you can visit Grim Dawn's Kickstarter page and maybe even support the game if you still haven't. Not much time left.

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
I am very cautious about this. Titan Quest was a standard diablo clone, and really boring at that. I'm not sure that the devs learned their lesson from that failure.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Two-handed melee weapons? Why yes, best game ever! :bounce:

If people come up with another 100K perhaps there will be bows or two-handed katanas, awesome or what?

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The guys behind this game are really cool from what I can tell on their forums. For this reason, I'm going in on the $28 Drunken Master Edition.

Deleted member 7219

I am very cautious about this. Titan Quest was a standard diablo clone, and really boring at that. I'm not sure that the devs learned their lesson from that failure.

I really want to see them make a proper RPG. Same kind of isometric view and real-time combat, but with quests that have different solutions, and a main quest that reacts to your choices. Personally I'm not interested in the shallow repetitive hack n slash that Diablo and TQ offer.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Two-handed melee weapons? Why yes, best game ever! :bounce:

If people come up with another 100K perhaps there will be bows or two-handed katanas, awesome or what?

To be fair the inclusion of two-handed melee weapons was a $25k goal, not a $100k one. But yeah, it probably sounds a bit weird for a stretch goal.

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I think I prefer this itemized approach to stretch goals. It's less vague and they know exactly where they want to go with the money they raise.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Am I missing something? Not understanding why two-handed melee weapons and the ability to dual wield pistols are some great bonus content/features to advertise as being unlocked with additional money. I would think it would have already been standard in the game.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Am I missing something? Not understanding why two-handed melee weapons and the ability to dual wield pistols are some great bonus content/features to advertise as being unlocked with additional money. I would think it would have already standard in the game.
New set of animations I think.

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Hehe, all the initial stretch goals are already met, this is quite cool - now there is a fimal goal of 520$K or so, for some extra gaming mode that will be free for backers, and released as a dlc later on after game release. I'm happy for these guys!

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Am I missing something? Not understanding why two-handed melee weapons and the ability to dual wield pistols are some great bonus content/features to advertise as being unlocked with additional money. I would think it would have already standard in the game.
New set of animations I think.

Is there a goal for a run animation?

...now there is a fimal goal of 520$K or so, for some extra gaming mode that will be free for backers, and released as a dlc later on after game release. I'm happy for these guys!

If this were EA we'd call that 'Day 0 DLC' for preordering.

made

Arcane
Good on them. But looking at all the stretch goals they added makes me wonder how barebone the game would have been at their initial goal.

Are they still going with the episodic format, meaning all this is just for the first act/episode w/e?

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Um, I don't know if they've really released any concrete information, but I gather that they plan to make it a full game, and then produce an expansion pack after it's released.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom