Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Haha, super hyped Dota version comes out

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Everyone was creaming their pants for the new version of Dota, it comes out, and it is broken as fuck. It's kind of hilarious how the game went from somewhat balanced and rather fun to absolutely broken. Viper, a hero who was already a monster, got buffed, and not a small one, either. I just played a game with my friends as him against a team of relatively good players (including one good player playing Priestess of the Moon, probably the most overpowered hero in the game), got ganked a bunch and focused in every team fight, yet could still murder. Any time I found someone alone I could kill them in less than 6 seconds, even STR tanks. It's pretty funny.

They also took one of the okay items, Aghanims, reduced the cost by like 1/4, and made it better. Again, completely broken on a lot of heroes. It's got an easy, great buildup of good items, then at the end basically gives you a free skill point in your most powerful skill.

Two new heroes were added. Tauren Chieftan was hyped to hell and back and he's a bit overpowered, but really just kind of lame. The guy took one of the coolest War3 models and gave him a gimmicky hero. The other one is Batrider who is broken as...HOLY FUCK he is broken. He is an intelligence hero who gains more strength per level than most strength heroes, he has probably the highest base damage in the game of anyone but an upgraded Tiny, he can give himself flying pathing, has a 3.5 second disable that isn't channeling....while he's flying he can't be affected by spells based on spells in warcraft 3 couldn't originally target air units.

What's worse is, you can host a game of the previous version but nobody wiill join, haha. I just think it's kind of funny.

oscar

Arcane
These two guys in my class spent the whole maths lesson talking about how op the new hero's were.

"Did they even playtest this shit?"

"This isn't going to be playable till like version b or c"

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Friendly reminder to everyone that posts on the Codex: When you post about something that's commonly known by an acronym, make sure you put in the full name at least once in your post. A sentence or two to describe whatever you're posting about wouldn't hurt either.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
If you don't know what it is, you're not missing a thing.

wrathofdog

Scholar
Unkillable Cat said:
Friendly reminder to everyone that posts on the Codex: When you post about something that's commonly known by an acronym, make sure you put in the full name at least once in your post. A sentence or two to describe whatever you're posting about wouldn't hurt either.

Also, please use correct spelling and punctuation, and refrain from profanity and references to adult subject matter. Thanks!

flushfire

Augur
its "counter-strike" for warcraft 3, basically more people play it online than the vanilla game.

last time i checked 6.60 isn't under "stable map" so imbalances are to be expected really. there were worse releases before.

Balor

Arcane
Like Void Demon and original Invoker? Heh.

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to playing with Afganim'ed Invoker.
Having an Invoke with cooldown of 2 secs essentially allows you to cast any of your spells at will... too bad you must become piano player for that, and my skills are not that good.

oscar

Arcane
Skeleton King man. I find Footmen more entertaining. Less micro I guess.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Hory said:
RK47 said:
If you don't know what it is, you're not missing a thing.
Explain.

It's (DotA) not a big deal to me. And if the poster never heard of it, it probably isn't for him as well. Hence he's not missing a thing.

Balor

Arcane
oscarisaiah said:
Skeleton King man. I find Footmen more entertaining. Less micro I guess.

Heh, try Necrobook Chen sometimes - good micro practise ;).

Anyway, I think that the most 'skil intensive' hero is Invoker, and I love him. Still kinda suck at him, but love him anyway. He can be anything - carry, support, disabler, push, antipusher, manaburner... except tank, of course.

And with good communication and lots of sunstrike practise you can even double as Zeus!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom