Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Heroes of Might and Magic 5 Demo is out

Atrokkus

Erudite
just by managing resources better
Nuh-nuh-nuh, not the resource management, no. That's something only human can do right. It's just the resource boost for the CPU player.

Astromarine

Erudite
metallix, you really need to play galciv2 in a big way. all you're saying doesn't apply. The ai has exactly the same information, interfaces and economic boosts that you do, right until "intelligent". There's two levels above that, but (especially after 1.1) winning against Intelligent will be HARD. And the AI DOES manage it's resources and tech. NOne of the 9 different AI personalities has any kind of "build script" or "research order" of any kind.

So as you can see, it's POSSIBLE to do these things. Devs just don't usually CARE, because hiring some college kid to implement a TCP/IP connection is a loooot cheaper and easier.

Atrokkus

Erudite
I agree that most devs just don't care, but again your comparison is a bit off because remember that I was talking about RTS, and now you're bringin up galciv as an example, which is TBS. We had discussion on AI, and I think most of us agreed that TBS AI is easier to script.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom