Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Hinterland: Enhanced Edition

Tags: Got Game Entertainment; Hinterland

In what seems to be fast becoming a trend in PC gaming, Got Game Entertainment has decided to release "a seriously enhanced and updated version" of Hinterland. The fun part is, it's set to be released digitally on the 25th of March for a price of $19.99, yet there is no mention of whether or not previous customers will be able to get it free, a la Mount and Blade or The Witcher. The "new" features include:
<br>
<blockquote>
<br>
Party-based RPG Action - Variety of characters, weapons, and strategies. Will you lead the charge with a two-handed strike or stand behind the armored herder with your bow?
<br>
[...]
<br>
Character Development - Command an Orc tribe as Lord or Shaman, or lead a Human village as Human, Dwarf, Elf, or even Undead Warrior. Develop lowly farmers into great warriors. Customize your character to help in adventure or improve village life.
<br>
[...]
<br>
Random Fantasy World - New locations with different resources, items, enemies, and challenges for maximum replay. Orc war camps, dark elf raiding parties, goblin infested mines, ruined undead cities, and more.</blockquote>
<br>
It should be interesting to see if this marketing maneuver works out well for the company. Get the full press release in glorious, user-friendly text over at <a href="http://gamebanshee.com/news/static/EkFyZEkluFkvMwEnzu.php">Gamebanshee</a>, or brave the Flash-based <a href="http://www.hinterland-game.com/">official site</a>.
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://gamebanshee.com/">Gamebanshee</A>

Haba said:
"Hinterland: Orc Lords" is rated "T" for Teen by the ESRB for Alcohol Reference/Fantasy Violence/Mild Blood"

Eh, alcohol reference?

Europa Universalis 3 was rated teen for Tobacco and Alcohol reference. Because of having them as resources.
I'm just left wondering what kind of an idiot gives these ratings.

Balor

Arcane
TimDaEnchantah said:
Haba said:
"Hinterland: Orc Lords" is rated "T" for Teen by the ESRB for Alcohol Reference/Fantasy Violence/Mild Blood"

Eh, alcohol reference?

Europa Universalis 3 was rated teen for Tobacco and Alcohol reference. Because of having them as resources.
I'm just left wondering what kind of an idiot gives these ratings.

Well, it should be rated AO because no teenager who can be traumatized by references of tobacco or alcohol should not be subjected to EU3.
That will surely cause a mental breakdown, or will even put him into coma :lol:.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I doubt the Enhanced Edition manages to really improve gameplay. It becomes really boring after the first few playthroughs. There's just not enough motivation to play it again.

Panthera

Scholar
I was pretty disappointed by this one. I love the idea, but it really needed a proper world to make it feel like a real game. The featureless plain doesn't cut it.

Ashery

Prophet
JarlFrank said:
I doubt the Enhanced Edition manages to really improve gameplay. It becomes really boring after the first few playthroughs. There's just not enough motivation to play it again.

Same thoughts here.

I'll still load it up a couple times a year when I have the urge to play something completely mindless, however, but as I used to binge Dungeon Siege once a year, it's basically just replacing that as a guilty pleasure, ;p

Zeus

Cipher
Edward_R_Murrow said:
no mention of whether or not previous customers will be able to get it free, a la Mount and Blade or The Witcher.

Wait, what?

I can get the M&B expansion free?

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Zeus said:
Edward_R_Murrow said:
no mention of whether or not previous customers will be able to get it free, a la Mount and Blade or The Witcher.

Wait, what?

Depending on your morals, you can get most games for free.

wrathofdog

Scholar
Panthera said:
I was pretty disappointed by this one. I love the idea, but it really needed a proper world to make it feel like a real game. The featureless plain doesn't cut it.

This. Great potential, terrible execution.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Zeus said:
Edward_R_Murrow said:

Wait, what?

Not the expansion. But if you bought the beta version back then, you got the final version for free.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom