Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

How does the rest of White March compare to Crägholdt because it fucking sucks

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
BTW in v.302, there is apparently a bug in Crägholdt Bluffs which increases by 6 the deflection and reflex of enemies fighting with weapon & shield, every time you make a savegame in the Crägholdt Bluffs area :lol:
https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/85630-caed-nua-looter-enemy-with-godlike-armor/

I encountered this myself yesterday, but it was only when I reached the Torn Bannermen leader. I was feeling like "Bug or no bug, I'll kill all you bastards" (I'm RPing a Bleak Walker named "Gregor", wink) and with some work I was able to pull them in groups of 2-3 enemies at a time. As long as there was only one weapon&shield enemy, the bug was actually making combat a lot more interesting without it being impossible for a lvl 15 party on PotD. Not being apologetic, I actually liked the bugged combat after a while. You just have to buff your party members and then lower the bugged enemy's Will enough so that you can use it to lower his other defenses.

4B9dpen.jpg

UTBOWfF.jpg

VYkJUor.jpg

Eventually I reached Crägholdt's tower and wiped the entrance with some Ancient Death Guards, some of them also with weapon and shield, without having rested after killing the final part of the mercenaries' last remaining group. And GM reached lvl15 just now.

0hTHL5i.jpg

wc7x8C6.jpg
In the end it makes for a fun RPG story, which one of the reasons I play games like this. The irony is that it's all by accident. It wouldn't have been very memorable if it wasn't for the bug.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
AwesomeButton

How did you pull them in groups though? The scripted event at the start automatically pulls nearly the whole map. I had problems there and I had to swap GM for the 3rd tank.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
AwesomeButton

How did you pull them in groups though? The scripted event at the start automatically pulls nearly the whole map. I had problems there and I had to swap GM for the 3rd tank.

4-5 groups scattered throughout the lower part of the map. I beat these in succession, resting after every other group - so resting twice. After the 5th (or so) group, I went to the cave and killed everything there too. Then I travelled back to Od Nua to get resting supplies, because I was out of those. At this time I had only the group that talks with you (the one with their leader) left to kill.

Pulling them requires exploiting the range in which the AI will target and chase after you. I used GM with an arbalest and boots of speed, to attack them - with force-attack the first time, because they are initially with green circles. Then I run back, but not too fast, so that they would chase after me - typical for a woman, right.

Eventually, those of them that were farther back in the group's composition would be left too far behind, and after some point they just return to their original position, and you are left with 1-3 enemies who still pursue you. For convenience, I also kept Aloth near the middle of the distance I needed to pull them, because in case GM ran too far and they gave up, her arbalest's reloading speed would be too slow for her to mangage to fire again by the time they had left her field of view. If they would give up on pursuing her, I would use Aloth to fire at them with the scepter, so they would turn back and try to chase me again.

In some cases, as you can see on the second screenshot, I had to repeat this tactic for quite a long while, and ended up actually fighting them closer to the other edge of the map, and it also gets more difficult when only 3-4 of the original 10 or so enemies remain. That's because they don't get into each other's way so much when there is less fewer of them, and it's difficult to have one of them advancing way ahead of the rest, so you can cut him off.

Bait them GM, make sure they don't give up on chasing you too early, and if they do, fire at them from range to provoke them into chasing you again. I think the logic is that if you aggro one of them, all the others within some radius will be aggroed too, and then the ones in their radius, etc. The goal of baiting and kiting them is to make it so that when you finally agro the nearest one, after he has just given up on chasing you, he won't aggro more than 2 others in turn, or if he does, make sure he is the only one with weapon and shield, because those are the only really dangerous mercs.

Atchodas

Augur
Bug with Save/load is present in all the game not just cragholdt , tho it only becomes a thing in High level places where you save/load often and enemies are harder by default . Best bet to avoid it is Trial of Iron , as it prevents you from saving and loading all together .

When you start cragholdt after killing 2 guards at the gate you can proceed by sneaking quite a bit , there are even scripted interactions for you when you sneak , in PoE you can do a plenty of stuff by sneaking it just never gets mentioned anywhere .

Fighting bugged soldiers currently is best with Spellstriking/Spellholding items , what a surprise those are bugged as well and procs twice , Swaddling Sheet will devastate any enemy , same goes for Storm Caller or anythng that has SpellStriking / SpellHolding really , i used those two items without even knowing they are bugged until it got really suspicious why my enemies are permanently stunned by these 2 spell procs lol

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom